Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
Do I need to use high octane in my evo x 08 or would normal unleaded do without causing problems ? :thumbup:
1. :D owners manual
2. why you get this car if you are worried about fuel costs :bowlol:

·
Registered
499 Posts
so the day that i bought my car (in chicago).... my friend was driving and we got really low on gas so i told him to pull over.... well the gas station we got to did not have premium (pretty rare in the south)... my friend asked me if i wanted to put just a little in to make sure we didn't run out of gas....

I said, "I'll run out of gas before I put anything less than premium in this car."

Well, i got in driver seat and we made it about half a mile and then had to wait in the car for 1 hour for triple A. Lol

I'm not exactly sure what damage it will do.... but i sure as hell am not willing to find out! With gas prices now though I can see why you are asking!

·
[NEEvo President]
15,153 Posts
They make an exception for states that dont offer 93 :( stupid cali, as in 91. YOu could have googled sweetheart. No need to start a thread
lol yah, didn't think he would be worried out in the UK :p

93 only ? Uk premium is 97/99 octane standard is 95 octane !
Yah 95 it is then. Sorry man. You must get rapped. What is the cost of 95/gallon over there?

·
Registered
7,799 Posts
Here in the USA, the pump octane rating is R+M/2. In UK it is just Research rating. So your 95 is about the same as our 87; your 99 is about the same as our 91.

·
Registered
773 Posts
"Premium Unleaded Fuel Only"

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.