Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes, while tuning this car, I'm "hitting a brick wall" at high RPMs and throwing a P0234 code (Turbocharger overboost condition). I'm running about 26psi of boost (on an FP black).

Why is this happening?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sometimes, while tuning this car, I'm "hitting a brick wall" at high RPMs and throwing a P0234 code (Turbocharger overboost condition). I'm running about 26psi of boost (on an FP black).

Why is this happening?
Are you logging load? You are hitting boost cut and need to increase the max load value.

Mitch

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I'm hitting about 280-290 fuel load and 290-300 Timing load.

So should i increase Boost Target Engine Load #1A, #1B, and #2?

My Boost Control Load Offset is 130 and my max Boost Target Engine Load in those areas are 110-150. That works out to 240-280.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
Increase your "Boost Limit" to values above those loads.

You can also increase the "Boost Cut Delay Timer". I usually set that one to 2000 (i.e. 2 seconds)

When you go over the Boost Limit values for a duration of your Boost Cut Delay Timer (stock is 1 second), it will cut fuel.

I always set these tables up, so I totally forgot about it when you asked me earlier.

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, cool. Boost limit in those ranges are currently 285(@5000) - 270 (@7000).

I assume they are referred to by Fuel Load (not timing load?).

Since I'm seeing around 300 load, I guess I'll set them to about 310?

Should I modify the Boost Target Engine Load tables as well?

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
The Target tables are for boost control (aka WGDC modification). They need to be adjusted only if your boost is not on target. Of course, this assumes that you are using Load Based Boost control. If you are doing PSI based, then do not touch the target load tables.

·
Administrator
24,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, I've got the Reactive Solenoid Turbo Boost Error Correction table zeroed out for now since I'm not finished playing with the boost just yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
This just happened to me on the highway passing in 4th gear around 6k. Felt terrible like a jerk. Temps here just started dipping under 50. I guEss back to the tuner. Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts