Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I ran into this video and read that HKS was show casing their 6 gears gearbox.

Is this new? I mean, there is a dog box from the Aussies, but damn expensive. Is it the same one or some different?

This what they were stating: " the HKS Lancer Evolution X CZ200S's bonnet you'll only find the best from HKS. a tuned engine offering over 547PS thanks to an HKS GT3240 Full Turbo Kit as well as HKS LA Clutch Twin with a HKS Motorsport Gear 6 Speed And if these don't ring a bell, enjoy the video below to give you an idea of the incredible potential of the CZ200S."

In the video the gears changes look quite fast and aggressive, so could be a dogbox.

This is the video :

·
aka DolEvoX
1,554 Posts
547ps??? Is that flywheel??? I have that turbo on stock block and make 385whp on a heartbreaker dynamics with E85. If that thing is capable of over 500whp... I just got a chubby lol.

Sorry to go OT there... maybe they are using a sst with their goodies bolted on?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
547ps??? Is that flywheel??? I have that turbo on stock block and make 385whp on a heartbreaker dynamics with E85. If that thing is capable of over 500whp... I just got a chubby lol.

Sorry to go OT there... maybe they are using a sst with their goodies bolted on?
Usually Japanese are using flywheel HP, still, looks damn fast. ;)

Funny things in their gearbox is that to select a gear it still has it's usual positions, and need to use the clutch, whereby a sequential, you go up/down for shifting and no need the clutch anymore.

So is it a new 6 gears gearbox right there ?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
better:

its only 20k - which should be cheaper than the HKS box

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
better:

its only 20k - which should be cheaper than the HKS box
It's this the Ausie dogbox?

Damn, 20k is not cheap. :(

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
yeh..

lol... cheap is relative I guess...

20k is a lot of money, but for what your getting its not bad...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
yeh..

lol... cheap is relative I guess...

20k is a lot of money, but for what your getting its not bad...
Not the kind of gearbox you can use as DD Though, specially with the high maintenance cost price.

Still don't understand how Mitsu went back to 5 gears.. It's like Boing saying they were going back in their newest airliner to propeller cause it was more solid :wtfsign:

This is the only reason I went for the SST, the lack of 6th gear.

EVO X 2013 maybe? :godance:

Thanks for your feedback by the way, an keep up with your amazing work :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check this other video of the HKS CZ200S:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

PS means "pferde stärke" which is german for horse power and alot of countries around the world use this measurement for power It is very close to the UK's BHP measurement, but not exact. And yes your right its flywheel not WHP. The japs use it too, thats why the old jap "gentlemens agreement" of the 280ps power limit for production cars resulted in 276HP.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Not the kind of gearbox you can use as DD Though, specially with the high maintenance cost price.

Still don't understand how Mitsu went back to 5 gears.. It's like Boing saying they were going back in their newest airliner to propeller cause it was more solid :wtfsign:

This is the only reason I went for the SST, the lack of 6th gear.

EVO X 2013 maybe? :godance:

Thanks for your feedback by the way, an keep up with your amazing work :thumbup::thumbup:
You can probably get that PPG box in helical cut, which will reduce the noise and maintenance periods a bit... But yet its not ideal :)

There are a couple of reasons why Mitsu didn't put a 6MT in the EvoX:
1) the 6spd from the IX was prone to failure
2) they already had a 6spd (SST) in their premium line and needed to differentiate it more
3) the 5spd is good for rally/tarmac

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You can probably get that PPG box in helical cut, which will reduce the noise and maintenance periods a bit... But yet its not ideal :)

There are a couple of reasons why Mitsu didn't put a 6MT in the EvoX:
1) the 6spd from the IX was prone to failure
2) they already had a 6spd (SST) in their premium line and needed to differentiate it more
3) the 5spd is good for rally/tarmac
Fair enough.

Would have been better to get a solid 6 speed gearbox and a 7 speed SST ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is got the mr chrome grill, is that only an option on the sst in Japan?
Standard in the GSR SST (MR in us)

Pretty ugly though. Our FQ come without it, lucky for us.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Figure why not bring this back

So no hope for a 6th gear huh? How hard would it be to have a good shop make one or to grab a cog from a IX MR and throw it in, figure why not ask

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice, but unless I got it wrong, that's basically the same thing the E46 M3 had right?

Think I'll answer my own question to why it'd cost alot to make a 6th gear: Since the current gearbox doesn't have a proper reverse, you'd have to either make one or get one from another car. For the actual 6th gear, you either get one made or order one, but now you gotta make it all work out and then there's spacing concerns.

What did I get wrong there and what would be a solution; getting a IX MR and replacing the 1st 5 gears with the X's and keeping 6th and reverse?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts