Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of slightly used HKS Hipermax V-Sport Coilovers for the Lancer: http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/product/files/80180-CM001/80180-CM001.pdf

The seller had HKS test & confirm the fitment on his 2009 Ralliart. The reason he sold the V-Sport's was HKS decided to test & confirm fitment of the HKS Hipermax III's on his car.

On Tuesday I went to a shop to have them install the HKS Coilovers, but it was unsuccessful. After removing my OEM suspension, they found out that the HKS Coilovers were missing a set of retainer springs shown in the pdf file). Thus, they were unable to continue the install. I had to pay $220 of labor for them to remove and reinstall my OEM suspension.

I was promised by the seller to receive all the original parts. I spoke to him about it, and he doesn't want to deal with it. He still claims that everything was included when it was not. He has my money, and have his coilovers, looks like I'm shit out of luck.

I spoke to PayPal, and there's nothing they can do since it's not covered by buyer protection. I tried calling HKS, but it says their technical/sales department is temporarily down. I can't afford to bring it to the small claims court.

Didn't mean to make this long, but I felt the need to explain my whole situation. That being said, does anyone know or have any connects/vendors to get the missing parts? I need the (2) retaining springs that are found in the "Parts List" in the pdf file. I contacted my local HKS dealer, and they seem to be of no help since their boss is out for a couple weeks.

Any type of help/advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I might be able to help you. I'll add you to my AIM. Later

1 - 2 of 2 Posts