Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HKS Kansai has posted the specs for their demo SST Evo X they been fooling around with for the past few days.
Max: 382.3 horse power, 48.9kg torque
Main Parts used:
HKS Carbon Air Ducts
HKS Racing Suction
HKS Intercooler Piping
HKS Legal Max Premium muffler
HKS Front & Center Exhaust Piping
HKS Catalytic Converter
HKS Camp 2
HKS EVC V
HKS F-CON IS
HKS HyperMax III suspension
and other misc parts

http://www.hkskansai.co.jp/html/democar/mitsubishi/evo10.htm

·
Registered
393 Posts
:):):) Goood News

·
Dick Tracy
167 Posts
i wonder if the "other misc parts" included fuel pump and injectors.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So let me get this straight, they're making that much power on just an intake, intercooler piping (which does next to nothing) exhaust, and tune via piggy back? Piggy backs are garbage, btw, reflash is the only way to go. However, this looks very good for the evo x because it shows that the car not only responds well to mods, but that the tc-sst is mod friendly. Plus, I'm willing to bet that a reflash will net slightly better results than the piggy back, especially in the driveability department. I'm getting the GSR, personally, because the auto clutch is less involving and really designed for people who either can't, or don't want to drive a stick. But, it's nice to know that both trannys are mod friendly... not just the 5 speed.

·
Registered
393 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i wonder if the "other misc parts" included fuel pump and injectors.
Nope, stock fuel pump & injectors. The other misc. parts were just seat rails, strut tower bars, towing hooks, carbon trims, etc. Nothing to do with the power or drive train.

So yeah it's basically just intake piping, an exhaust system, a boost controller, and an add on fuel management system. Pretty much what I had in mind except for the add on cpu, I'll go with flashing the main ROM in my Evo.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I would have to agree that flashing the stock ECU would be a whole lot more driveable and friendly than going with an all out engine management system such as the F-Con IS. I have a F-Con V-Pro in my Evo and I love the driveability of it, but it is out of the financial reach of many people that aren't looking to extract power to threshold levels. One of the beauties of the V-Pro is that it allows a 32x32 resolution map on both fuel and timing and that gives a tuner a much finer approach at matching load levels vs RPM levels. I'm surprised that HKS didn't use a V-Pro in this car, but I'm sure they have their reasoning. Most of us are going to use our cars as daily drivers and the most cost-effective (and non warranty voiding) solution would be the ECU reflash.

Just to give a little background on the HKS F-Con line of systems, it's not a true piggyback in the sense that a lot of us are familiar with in the Apex'i S-AFC. Rather it splits duty with the stock ECU. The stock ECU remains in-tact to control non-engine related functions, such as A/C, immobilizer, OBD, etc. The F-Con takes complete control of fuel and ignition timing.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I must admit, I am quite interested in the following:

1) Camp 2 - The original Camp I had in my 2003 Evo. It was a graphical monitoring display of sensor in the car that could give you immediate data right on screen. Now that the Evo has the option of the Navi system, the Camp 2 could link right into the auxiliary port. I do wonder if they used a solution to work around the video cutout when the car is in motion.
2) EVC V - I'm curious as to why they use the older technology EVC V rather than the new EVC VI.

·
Registered
99 Posts
KMxxBadboy - hazarding a guess on your 2nd qn: In Japan, the version that is known as the EVC VI in the USA, is designated EVC V. Pretty confusing, but think that might be the answer.

General comment: wonder if the HKS Kansai unit is truly an SST car. The picture (white car with gold rims) looks like a modded RS (black side mirrors and door handles). Really hope the SST can achieve those numbers... still waiting for mine to arrive in a couple of weeks!

·
Registered
166 Posts
General comment: wonder if the HKS Kansai unit is truly an SST car. The picture (white car with gold rims) looks like a modded RS (black side mirrors and door handles). Really hope the SST can achieve those numbers... still waiting for mine to arrive in a couple of weeks!
Yea it says SST on the web site; i'm pretty sure you can pick a SST tranny with the RS in Japan seeing as you can configure the Evo's there any way you want pretty much.

I'm shocked to see a SST boosted in power so soon; I can't wait to see the times it produces.:popcorn:

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Looks like your right RS is MT only; that is the GSR spoiler on the back so its probably a GSR w/ SST. Perhaps the body color handles are an option over there. I know a couple of Japanese options like the Fog lights are standard on US models, so I could see that being optional on JDM's.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.