Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Bought my X sss/nav/aero and I am loving it. This is my first Evo, however, I've owned 8 DSM's and still own a Gvr4. I am absolutely in love with this car. I will spare a full review as we have plenty of them. I will however try to coin a new Evo term...."CAD". This is now what happens when you enter to quickly into a tight turn and keep the throttle mashed. CAD is "computer assisted drifting"

I would like to smack all the mags/people that have stated that the new motor is smoother than the old 4g63.

From idle to 3300rpm it is smooth and quiet. Above 3700 it gets REALLLY loud and you feel a good amount of high frequency (buzzing type) of vibration in the floor board. I honestly cannot believe Mitsu let the car hit production with this level of noise. I find myself short shifting while puting around to avoid the sound. Now, if your in the mood to kick some ass you tend not to hear it.
Don't believe me...rev the motor while stationary...you'll see.

What I want to figure out is if the noise/vibration is being created by the motor or the resonance of the exhaust.

Can anyone with a aftermarket exhaust (AMS/SHIV/AGP) report of the changes in harmonic resonance/noise after the exhaust install?

Again guys, No need to flame, I am in love with this car

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
77 Posts
i dont own a X but every impression/review i have read confirms that the interior sound level is a huge improvement over the previous versions. I suggest that you either drive an VIII/IX to compare (if you know somebody and they will let you) or go to dealer to check if all is well with your drivetrain.

·
Registered
160 Posts
hence the several pounds of noise insulation on the MR model

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love hearing the engine get wound up at higher rpms, it makes me happy :rock:
I do to normally, this is not what I'm talking about...this almost sounds as if the exhaust is touching the frame and causing vibration/sound.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like it's an issue with your particular car. Might want to bring it to the dealer.
I doubt it. My buddies lancer GTS sounds exactly the same

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the same thing. The motor is very basey. if anyone posting in this thread hasnt been in one yet, wait til your in the car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.