Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Hotchkis Sway Bar Settings

4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  SiliconTek 
#1 ·
Hey. What does everyone run with the settings on your hotchkis sway bars for the track? AutoX? Everything else?

I have both the front and the rear on the stiffest settings. Not sure how I like it, but I have only been able to test them on the streets. I was supposed to go to a track day this weekend, but good old mother nature canceled that for me, lol.

Post up your settings and results/experiences.

Thanks

#2 ·
Front will understeer at the stiffest and with the stiff so stiff it will just push through corners.

I suggest softest front and middle setting on the rear. It will give it a neutral feel with a bit of oversteering. That or setting it the softest in the rear and adding if needed.

#6 ·
this (to start off). too many people blindly buy sways/coils and set them full stiff thinking stiffest solves everything. it's all about balancing chassis, the AWC/AYC, and weight transfer

sway bars are there for more wider sweeps - not tight slalom-ish transitions. and they are there to control load on each wheel. too stiff can overload the outer wheel, especially with the AWD/AYC trying to do it's work. I really don't think fully stiff rear is the ideal option - but this is generally speaking - lots of other factors

I finally added sway bars (Andrew@GTWorx and I finally thought it was what I needed to accomplish my specific handling goals). Can't wait to try out each setting and post real findings/experiences. Try shooting GTWorx a pm as well - Andrew's been a great help for me and my auto-x thread

#7 ·
Softest front, stiffest rear...with 12/10kg coils I oversteer like a mother (a good thing). I am going stiffest front to help get it back a bit closer to neutral steer. Basically everything I did to get my car to oversteer with stock bars could have been done with just adding the rear bar...truth be told.

#8 ·
I would still go softest front and medium rears... it should be the most neutral combo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.