Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm a new member here. After much research, I'm hoping to pick up a Ralliart Sportback in the next week or two (I need the hatch for cargo space).

Most of the listings I've seen have about 100,000 miles. I'll be doing a lot of highway commuting in the car and I'm curious if these cars often reach high mileage (200,000 miles?). I looked for forum posts about high miles but I didn't find any within the past few years (most "high mileage" reports from older posts were near 50k miles).

I have a few specific questions before I buy:

1) How many miles are on your Ralliart, and how many unexpected repairs have you had?

2) For those of you that have experience with these cars, would you buy one with 100,000 miles if it looked properly maintained?

3) I know that the SST can be an issue if not serviced regularly, and the ACD pump can also be a common problem. Are there any other common issues for Ralliarts with more than 100,000 miles?

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
My 2011 RA Sportback is at 145,000mi
I have owned it since new and I have:
Changed the oil every 5,000mi
Replaced 2 sets of brake pads and 1 set of rotors
Replaced tires every 30k or so
Serviced the SST with new OEM fluid every 50k
Replaced the ACD pump (under waranty) at 90,000mi
Replaced 1 HID bulb
Cleaned the reusable panel filter every 10k
Replaced the cabin filter every 30k
The Exhaust manifold cracked at 130,000mi (And was a giant pain in the d**k to swap)
Replaced the OE Panasonic battery at 120,000mi
Replaced shocks/struts with OE at 95k mi as one was leaking.
Flushed and replaced the coolant and power steering fluids at 100k mi
Replaced the serpentine belt and pulleys at 140k when one started squeaking

Other than the maintenance and minor issues above, it's been a dead reliable car. The alarm/beep module for the FAST keyless entry has stopped beeping after a year of getting quieter but I'm not inclined to research that one.

I've had a boost pill and tune on the car with a cat-back and panel filter since about 12k miles, FWIW. No other mods.

·
Registered
367 Posts
1) How many miles are on your Ralliart, and how many unexpected repairs have you had?
I just turned 90k miles on my 2010 Ralliart Sportback. 30k of those miles were with the stock turbo. 60k miles were on a BBX Lite turbo with supporting mods and a RRE tune. It's still running like a champ. I've had only 1 "unexpected" repair, and it involved me making an adjustment to the tune's startup enrichment tables (detailed in my build thread).

2) For those of you that have experience with these cars, would you buy one with 100,000 miles if it looked properly maintained?
yes

3) I know that the SST can be an issue if not serviced regularly, and the ACD pump can also be a common problem. Are there any other common issues for Ralliarts with more than 100,000 miles?

I've changed my trans fluid exactly 1 time. That was at 30k miles just before I took it in to have the turbo upgraded. It definitely needs another fluid change, but I don't trust any of the shops around here to put the right fluid in, and I've been too lazy to do it myself so far. I'll get to it before the year's end though.

The only other thing that I had an issue with was the TPMS. One of the valve stems cracked and was the source of an extremely slow air leak... like take a week to deflate and TMPS warnings to trigger. At the time, no shop could fix it (only Mitsu could pair a new sensor with the ECU and they wanted $100+ to do it back then). So, I had a standard valve installed and dealt with the TMPS warning every drive until tire shops got the ability to pair new TPMS sensors with the ECU, which took about 2 years. By that time I needed new tires, and I swapped all the TMPS sensors so they'd all have similar remaining battery life.

I would not hesitate to pick up a used stockish Ralliart. A modded one though, that's a tough call; Depends on who did the work, maintenance records, etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts