Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I went to the track in Portland, Oregon. Two of my runs hit 13 flat and one hit 13.125, I can't seem to get to 12's. I have a turbo back exhaust with 3"piping and a HKS 5" muffler tip. Also k&n short ram intake w/ UIC. Then I have a turboxs bov. I also have a stage 2 flash with the cobb ap.
Conditions:
I used the factory launch control with asc off at 5500 rpms.
I shift at 6k rpms.
My max psi is 23 psi which is target for my flash
The outside temp was 68
I was shifting at 6k rpms
My times:
R/T.058 R/T .537
60'1.890 60' 1.949
1/8 [email protected] 83.54 1/8 8.430 @ 83.98
1/4 13.0 @ 106 1/4 13.084 @106.19

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was shifting at 6800 and then a buddy of mine told me to shift at 6000. He has alot more experience then I do. Its only my 3rd time racing so Im still trying to figure it out.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Um....Not sure why he'd tell you that. You are probably getting into fifth gear...

an extra shift is gonna slow you down.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
is that all thats done to ur car? What tires do you have? How much gas is in ur car? Spare tire? If you really what to get technical... what is the elevation of the track, what gas are you using, last oil change/ other fluids, how many miles on ur car? You said launch control so ur in an MR? Are u sure your launching correctly?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I stayed in 4th I did hit redline but I didn't hit 5th. Also is there a way to turn off the factory launch control. I know that it's built for factory tune. Does that really make a difference because I have a different tune.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is that all thats done to ur car? What tires do you have? How much gas is in ur car? Spare tire? If you really what to get technical... what is the elevation of the track, what gas are you using, last oil change/ other fluids, how many miles on ur car? You said launch control so ur in an MR? Are u sure your launching correctly?
I took out my spare tire, I had about a quarter of a tank, all fluids were changed about 3k miles ago. 37k miles on the car, I am using premium fuel from 76 gas station, No I have a GSR. I don't know the elevation of the track. One thing that I did notice is that when I launch with launch control that my car bogs down a little bit.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Last night I went to the track in Portland, Oregon. Two of my runs hit 13 flat and one hit 13.125, I can't seem to get to 12's. I have a turbo back exhaust with 3"piping and a HKS 5" muffler tip. Also k&n short ram intake w/ UIC. Then I have a turboxs bov. I also have a stage 2 flash with the cobb ap.
Conditions:
I used the factory launch control with asc off at 5500 rpms.
I shift at 6k rpms.
My max psi is 23 psi which is target for my flash
The outside temp was 68
I was shifting at 6k rpms
My times:
R/T.058 R/T .537
60'1.890 60' 1.949
1/8 [email protected] 83.54 1/8 8.430 @ 83.98
1/4 13.0 @ 106 1/4 13.084 @106.19
Step up to a 6" HKS muffler tip...That should do it.

·
[Drag Racing Mod], [Sales Mod], [Local Team Member
6,689 Posts
just shift before the rev limiter, dont listen to your friend. Put the stock bov, i dont think the stage 2 map is designed for a aftermarket bov, or is it?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Its bogging down because he doesnt have his ASC off... if you read his post he doesnt even know how to turn it off. Press the ASC button and a ASC off will display on the screen if you hold it for 3 seconds the AYC turns off. Try that I'm sure it wont bog down because your wheels will be spinning.

·
Registered
284 Posts
....................... TICK TICK TICK TICK......................Liquid_Ag

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The ASC was off I know where that button is. I did not know however that if you hold it for 3 sec the AYC comes off.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts