Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Evo Enthusiasts,

I have had the good fortune to purchase, new in 2010, a Phantom Black Evolution SE. I am the original owner and have no modifications, other than window tint. In 2010, 340 of this model (SE) were imported, and 104 were produced in Phantom Black, according to the letter I received from Shin Kurihara, President & CEO of Mistubishi Motors North America, Inc. I also have the special numbered key fob, which indicates it is #239 of #340. My car also has as OEM spec'd options, the Ralliart Fluted Wheel Locks & chrome mirror covers ($250 option), aluminum/leather brake grip, and aluminum/leather 6 speed shift knob ($525 option). I have 47k original miles on the vehicle....and those 47k have been a lot of fun!!!! I have the letter, fob, window sticker, etc. The only thing I'm missing it the little black plastic plug that fits into the "cigarette lighter" power source, but I'm sure that would not be hard to find a replacement.

As much as I've loved this car (and as much as my kids have loved this car), and as excellent as the SST shifter is, I want to go "old school" and purchase a manual transmission car....probably a 2018 BMW M2 Competition, low mileage and used. I want to teach my 20 year old son how to drive a manual transmission, and I do kind of miss rowing the gears.

So here's the question, is the car with it's documentation worth anything more than a regular low mile stock Evo X? In some car circles...like the old hot rod guys, the car's build sheet, and numbers matching stuff is important, but in the Evo X world seems like most people want to do mods, and make the already fast Evo X, go even faster.

Any comments? Anyone interested? Off the top of my head, I'm thinking $24k, but don't really know. The car was garaged 50% of the time, but winters here in Texas are mild with no salt on the roads, and no rust on the car.

Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
345 Posts
24k isn’t a bad starting point. The problem honestly is the SST transmission. It scares a lot of people considering if it goes out, that’s like an immediate 6k they’re going to have to spend.
But sounds like a nice car!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
24k isn’t a bad starting point. The problem honestly is the SST transmission. It scares a lot of people considering if it goes out, that’s like an immediate 6k they’re going to have to spend.
But sounds like a nice car!
Thank you. So not really "collectible", and SST is not what people want. I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It’s still a numbered car so it’s holds some worth compared to other CZ4As. As far as SST a lot of people are still misinformed about them, but in the same token more and more advances are being made with the trans so people are looking for them.
Could get at the very least 25k for the car.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own number 30 of 340 and am on the list here: 2010 Evo X SE Registry - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

I have 41k miles on mine. All still stock as well, except the wheels.

I love the car and plan on keeping it. But I doubt it will ever be considered a collectable and have the price go up by any significance. There have been other "special edition" and limited production models in the past and you don't hear much about them. Sure, you can always find a high priced listing for sale of something online, but that doesn't mean that's how much it actually sold for. At the same time, there is also the chance that you or other people could put the car up for auction and get lucky with a bidding war that causes the price to go up, like what happened recently with a 2000 Honda Civic that sold for $50,000.

Good to hear from another original owner of an SE. Best of luck if you do decide to sell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts