Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q: Every time I post in a thread, it automatically subscribes me to it. Whenever there is a reply to that thread, I get an email notification. How can I change this?

A: To change your settings on that go into your "User CP" on the navigation bar up top.

Next, go to "Edit Options" and look for "Default Thread Subscription Mode".

From there, click the drop down. You can change it to "Do not subscribe", but then you won't be informed of people replying to you at all. A good middle of the road option is "No email notification". That way, when you log in, you could just click onto your "User CP", and it will list any threads that you posted in that have new replies into it. It will allow you to keep track of the threads you've participated in, but will be less intrusive.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Help!

I've followed this step-by-step and still I get plagued with email notifications to subscribed threads.

First I changed it to "No email notification" which is what I would rather prefer my option to be since I can just check out my subscribed threads when I go into my "User CP" and have it listed. But like I said before I do get the list + email notification.

So then I've changed it to "Do not subscribe" and had this setting saved for almost 1 month now and I still get email notifications.

I have recently changed it back to "No email notification" and just did a quick post that I know people reply to and as soon as someone replied to the thread, I checked my email and I get a email notification. :mad:

Any way to resolve this issue so I don't get No email notifications whenever I post in a thread on the forum? Is there something screwed up with my account that it is preventing me saving the settings on this particular option?

·
Administrator
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've followed this step-by-step and still I get plagued with email notifications to subscribed threads.

First I changed it to "No email notification" which is what I would rather prefer my option to be since I can just check out my subscribed threads when I go into my "User CP" and have it listed. But like I said before I do get the list + email notification.

So then I've changed it to "Do not subscribe" and had this setting saved for almost 1 month now and I still get email notifications.

I have recently changed it back to "No email notification" and just did a quick post that I know people reply to and as soon as someone replied to the thread, I checked my email and I get a email notification. :mad:

Any way to resolve this issue so I don't get No email notifications whenever I post in a thread on the forum? Is there something screwed up with my account that it is preventing me saving the settings on this particular option?

1 or 2 people I know of have this issue and I can't figure out why. I'll search around and see what I can come up with.

·
Administrator
24,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I disabled email notifications by default, so hopefully less people have this issue.

·
Registered
652 Posts
^^thanks man! I will give it a shot by posting again and check my email when I get home from work tonight.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Bummer!

Unfortunately it didn't work for me. Here are some screen shots (attached) of my current options set under my profile, just in case I am reading it wrong.

My inbox:

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,070 Posts
dude, you need to check your mail more often.

ohh... and do you not get mail from anyone else? if thats the case then don't use that e-mail adress. :)

·
Registered
652 Posts
dude, you need to check your mail more often.

ohh... and do you not get mail from anyone else? if thats the case then don't use that e-mail adress. :)
I have more then one email address from different websites, this email addy is pretty much for car forums only and yes I do get email from others just not to this extent. :)

Point being my User CP options are not saving for this particular option for some reason, hence the reason why I took a screen capture of my User CP options on my first attachment in my last post addressing that I do have the right option check so I don't get these subscribed thread email notifications.

Yes I can reroute all email coming from EvoXForums to my spam box......so if a admin or mod email's me for some apparent reason guess where it will end up? That is why I am trying to avoid having to go that route.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,070 Posts
HEHE, was just giving you a hard time.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
funny thing is Im having this problem too :S

·
Registered
652 Posts
Working any better now?
+1 - Mine is working better.......now instead of all the threads I reply to it is only sending me email on the specific threads such as Word Association Game AKA The longest thread vol 2. and the Motivational Posters! *NWS*.
But definitely a lot better tho.......thx Kooldino!

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
mine is still not off, my inbox is always full. i hope we ca create a new account(to fix it) and transfer all my post to new account.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.