Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i've done a search and seen that you press down and push towards the trunk and u will feel it come out of the clip or whatever u want to call it. I cant for the life of me get them out. I'm heading to the strip on friday and i wanna drop all weight i dont need when i head there. When i brought the car to the strip the first time i looked it over but gave up and ended up going with only taking the spare tire and tools out.

Since then i have gotten a resinated test pipe which is 9.6lbs lighter then the stock pipe. I also took out the child seat restraint hooks which is about 1lb for all 3, removed the under hook blanket, engine cover and pretty much emptied the washer fluid. I want to remove the rear seats and the passenger seat. Also on that note, if i remove the passenger seat, will a warning light flash, telling me its disconnected? Thats what my 370z did and i had to do a sequence of turning the key a bunch of times and doing a bunch of bs to get it to turn off.

My goal for friday is to beat my best time so far, which was [email protected] with a 1.8 60' (also not realising the launch control feature...so i left the ACS and all that stuff on)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Rear seats are pretty easy. There are two clips on each side, I guess if you're sitting on each side, it would be in between your legs. Just find those and pull up on the seat, they were pretty tight the first time I pulled it out. Get those two clips undone, lift up the front and slide it out. There is some kind of hook to hold the back of the seats too.

There is some how to I used for doing the fuel pump that has how to take the rear seats out.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah, just went and did it...damn thats easier then any car i had before. I must have read something wrong though about pushing and back.

Now how do you remove the other section (back rest). Thought i seen a picture of the liner in the trunk removed and bolts on each side...is that it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Seats are Not that heavy its the battery & Spear tire u can Also lose the Rer. wing for less Drag. 1/4 tank gas.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i plan on getting the AMS battery kit down the road. Wanna try and make the car light as possible, but at the same time its still a DD.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I Used A Lawn Tractor Battery Once 15 lbs. 180 Crank amps Ran it for 3 days went to Etown Did the T&T and Drove Home. higher Cranking amps are better But this Worked For Me

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
ah, just went and did it...damn thats easier then any car i had before. I must have read something wrong though about pushing and back.

Now how do you remove the other section (back rest). Thought i seen a picture of the liner in the trunk removed and bolts on each side...is that it?
You unbolt the two (or 3 total?) bolts on each side - on the bottom of the backpanel, theyre like "ring mounts". I dont fucking know how to describe it.. anyway, once those are off you lift UP the back panel and then it will come right off. It's held on by some hooks.

·
Registered
5,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right on, thanks. Anyone know if the airbag light or a warning will keep flashing when i remove the passenger seat? And if so, do i have to do anything afterwards when i put the seat back in.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Back seat pics for reference.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
3 bolts to remove the upper back portion of the back seat, one on each side and one in the middle. One hook in the middle to lift up and it's done!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Wala it is out!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Removing/disconnecting airbags can be a bit nerve wracking. I've had to do it before. Your biggest enemy is static electricity. Make sure you ground yourself before working on it. I'm not sure about the EVO, but most airbag clips are yellow, and you can put a small capacitor in line to make the car thing there's still an airbag there. I'm sure others will have more input....

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Removing/disconnecting airbags can be a bit nerve wracking. I've had to do it before. Your biggest enemy is static electricity. Make sure you ground yourself before working on it. I'm not sure about the EVO, but most airbag clips are yellow, and you can put a small capacitor in line to make the car thing there's still an airbag there. I'm sure others will have more input....

disconnect the ground and it'll be safe.

you are correct about yellow lines being airbag connections.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
disconnect the ground and it'll be safe.

you are correct about yellow lines being airbag connections.
Yeah my only input was for the rear seats. I don't want to blow an airbag in my face!! Lol Once my car becomes a dedicated track star I may come back to this!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
2 years 4 months later lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Were his additional pics not relevant to the thread? Or should he have made a new thread with the pics, only for someone to tell him that his post was a "double post". I don't get why people always scoff at reviving an old thread where new or pertinent information has been added.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Were his additional pics not relevant to the thread? Or should he have made a new thread with the pics, only for someone to tell him that his post was a "double post". I don't get why people always scoff at reviving an old thread where new or pertinent information has been added.
Did I bitch him out or something? It was just funny and I had to take a double take at the dates. I appreciate when someone follows through like he did. Nothing like someone asking a question that you have and it never gets a good response.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts