Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
3,420 Posts
I love mine. Very nice filter.
If you are looking for one of the "louder" intakes, this is not for you though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have installed it. but i prefer HKS ONE. But I think AEM is not easy to get the water inside(there is a box)...But i dont know it is good or not

·
Registered
575 Posts
buy an AEM cone filter and slap it on the three inch pipe once you pop off that stock are box and save yourself A LOAD of cash.
:iagree:

I don't have the aem intake, but if I had to do it over again I would have just stuck with the cone filter on the stock setup. its quick, cheap and gives a you a nice sound.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
:iagree:

I don't have the aem intake, but if I had to do it over again I would have just stuck with the cone filter on the stock setup. its quick, cheap and gives a you a nice sound.

I tried this and it could have just been the filter I used but it sounded like CRAP!!! when I would just bee cruzing along doing 60-80km... I had this almost droning noise like there was somthing rubbing in my engine bay... but I did get better fuel economy ahah if that counts for anything

·
Registered
539 Posts
i love mine, pretty stealthy for california cops, carb legal also, make a custom cover so it looks pretty stock

·
Registered
138 Posts
:(not a big fan of mine... sound isnt there at all if thats what ur lookin for. i took my box out and just left the filter open and i loved the way it sounded when opened up!!! im going to be getting the HKS race intake once i get some more loot together if you would like to swoop my AEM???? :tumbleweed:

·
3,420 Posts
:(not a big fan of mine... sound isnt there at all if thats what ur lookin for. i took my box out and just left the filter open and i loved the way it sounded when opened up!!! im going to be getting the HKS race intake once i get some more loot together if you would like to swoop my AEM???? :tumbleweed:
so what are you doing for a heat shield??

·
Registered
575 Posts
I tried this and it could have just been the filter I used but it sounded like CRAP!!! when I would just bee cruzing along doing 60-80km... I had this almost droning noise like there was somthing rubbing in my engine bay... but I did get better fuel economy ahah if that counts for anything
thats odd, so did you switch back to the airbox?

·
Registered
301 Posts
great awesome...i got another question thats a little irrelevant... I've look through the forums and so far I've heard good things about the z chip. Whats ur opinion on it?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Good things about the z-chip here?

·
Registered
590 Posts
thats it???

so buy the aem cone filter and keep the filter exposed n it yields the same result?
I can't vouch for numbers, but doing this and replacing your turbo inlet with a hard pipe or silicone is about everything I can think to increase air flow there (without increasing diameter, MAF etc. which muffs up your AFR's without a tune). Heat shielding is another issue, though.

·
Registered
463 Posts
is it just me or my AEM does not fit well. its like there nothing supporting the mas tubing just the opening but it mines just hangs there. sometimes i would have to push it up.

·
Registered
276 Posts
the suction one that looks like a yellow mushroom? If so, tell me how you like it once you get it. I haven't heard much about it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts