Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I heard the Evo's tires were near R compounds, so I ask, how is the evo x in the rain with stock tires on?

Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Really just depends on the life the tires still have. I wouldn’t say they are Rcomp tires haha

The stock tires are very good, but not good with snow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Stock A13c's were ok in the rain. they wear quick though and are expensive which is why i switched to hankook rs4's in stock 245/40/18. they do much better in the rain and are significantly cheaper. those are classed as an extreme performance tire.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I highly doubt there is an evo out there still on OEM tires. Especially due to the fact that they don't last more than 10-20k from the feedback of owners as well as the 180 Treadwear. They're sticky as hell but cost an arm and leg and many owners opt for other tires.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got Michelin Pilot Sport 4S on mine and they are really good in rain. They have a lot of grip as well and handle extremely well. They also dead hook at 500WHP from first gear roll. Haven't launched them yet. They are extremely quiet aswell; I can hardly hear them when I'm coasting to a stop.

IMO not much point in getting 200TW tires unless you go do the occasional auto X or track event. They will wear down fast and produce quite a lot of cabin noise. I would keep a set of tires for the street like the Pilot sport 4S or something similar and slicks for the track.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts