Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,510 Posts
Jack's Tranmissions wants $1200 for a trans rebuilt which includes new synchro rings and any part/seal related that should also be replaced. If you goto their site looking for synchro parts, looks like its about $90 for each gear - excluding 1st.

·
Banned
2,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my local mechanic told me if i could just buy a new synchro kit and he is going to get my tranny treated with chemicals to get beefy, then he is doing the whole rebuild?? what ya think??

Keep trying, there must be some issue. There builds are awesome and they do some precision work on getting the synchros set perfectly.

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
I just don't have faith in the local shops who deal with a little bit of everything, I've had a couple bad experiences now with machinests and so called mechanics. Thats why ERL built my motor and sent it to me and Jack's did all my trans work and sent it back. These specialty guys have it all down to a science and stand behind their work, local places experiment at your expense.

·
Registered
9,030 Posts
u got a point bro..
Good shop = pay more once
Local guy = pay less twice (Then send it to good shop)

This seems to be how things end up, I have a local guy here that fell into the less expensive engine build by a local mechanic. The first motor went in a few hundred miles, the second went a bit quicker. His motor from MAPerformance is still running and has almost got enough miles to start tuning.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.