Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wondering, but how much should labor cost for lowering an EVO with coilovers and installing the whiteline RCA kit?

I'm thinking around 500?

Just labor no parts

·
Registered
458 Posts
im not trying to be a dick here, but seriously you can do this yourself as long as you take the time to read the how to guides. all you need is 2 jack stands a jack, a impact wrench and its pretty straight forward from there.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not trying to be a dick here, but seriously you can do this yourself as long as you take the time to read the how to guides. all you need is 2 jack stands a jack, a impact wrench and its pretty straight forward from there.

Yeah, I know. I lowered my civic SI a few years ago. But honestly its alot of work!! Plus you still have to pay somebody to install the RCA kit anyways. (very hard to do yourself) So might as well pay them to do the whole thing.

·
Registered
458 Posts
200 bucks max is what i would pay a pro shop, shouldnt take more than 2 hours with 2 people.

500-600 should also include a happy ending by jessica alba or else you're getting scammed.

it is not even remotely close to a lot of work, i find electrical stuff a lot more energy demanding.

why dont you do this, research, be patient, then install rca kit and coil yourself, shouldnt be hard with a friend or two and a few jack stands. but if you really insist on having a stranger touch your car and install something behind your back, 200-300 is the max i will pay and that includes alignment by a reputable shop

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm guessing a bit, but my install (coils and RCK), CB, and align came out to around 600.

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
I paid about $300 to install springs at Discount Tires (might be similar for coils and theoritcally it should actually be easier to swap out the entire suspension assembly for coils) and paid $150 for the whiteline rck install at a local suspension performance shop (West End)...dealer wanted to charge closer to $300 for the rck and $400 to install springs...and Discount Tires quoted me about $300 as well for the rck...I would not attempt to install this yourself, pay and get it done properly unless you are an automotive mechanic experienced to do so...

So yeah your estimation should be about right. GL!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just installed coilovers and an RCK with some help from some friends this past weekend. It probably took us about 3 hours. The coilovers are actually easy to do. The RCK is a bit more work but not bad at all if you rent a ball joint kit from your local auto parts store and have an impact wrench (air of electrical), see my post in the How To for Whiteline RCK in the non Evo X forum.

Just got it aligned today at Roger Krause Tires in Castro Valley. Highly recommend that shop. Man the car feels good now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.