Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HOW TO: Change FOG Light Bulbs

Parts Required

- H11 light bulbs. They are the same requirement for both HID and non HID equipped vehicles. I got a set for $30 from my local auto store.

Tools Required
- Flathead (-) Screw Driver
- 10mm Socket and Wrench
- Needle Nose Pliers (optional)

Recommended Number of People

- Just yourself.

Difficulty
- This is a 4 project. It requires you to get under your car. I used ramps. Using ramps is still possible with my Aero Kit, but it's close.

Time to complete
- 15 - 20min.

-In this tutorial, we will only focus on the passenger side. Both sides are the same. Keep in mind though, that this picture may slightly vary from what you have. This car has an Aero Kit on it. Do one side at a time, so you can't mess up of what clip goes where if you need a reference.

-Do Not touch the bulbs. Either you will get burned from the stock ones, or your greasy fingers will leave a residue that once heated will crack and blow out your new bulbs.

Step by Step Instructions

1 - Start by getting the front end of your car elevated. It's up to you to do this in a safe manner. Ramps, jacks, will power.

2 - Take out the 2 x 10mm bolts on the front end.

3 - Take out the plastic spreader clips with your (-) flathead screwdriver. Do it slow, these clips are "strength in numbers" only. There is one clip that may seem hard to get to, but it's not. Its tucked away, but with enough room to get your flathead in there.

4 - Take out the lower plastic panel to reveal the fog light.

5 - Rotate the light bulb counter clockwise and pull out. It only turns a little bit as shown.

6 - Replace the bulb with the one you purchased.

***Remember*** Do Not touch the bulbs. Either you will get burned from the stock ones, or your greasy fingers will leave a residue that once heated will crack and blow out your new bulbs.

Note the difference in the size from the ones I have chosen. The are larger, but they fit perfectly fine.

The pattern is the same.

7 - Reverse steps 2 through 5 to put it back together. Reference the other side for where to put what clips.

8 - Take it down and enjoy.

***Sorry Night Pics Suck**

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I think I will have to change out the main headlight bulbs to make it match. Or change them out again for yellow. I just did it .... just to do it :) Then I washed the car. OMG brake dust.
Man, I hate brake dust, is it horrible on the Evo X? As in, how long can you not wash the wheels for until it gets too dark? I remember when i drove the G35, it really only takes one day for the wheels to get dark with brake dust again :mad:

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm at 2200 miles... and I cry after about 30 miles of city driving.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
Man, I hate brake dust, is it horrible on the Evo X? As in, how long can you not wash the wheels for until it gets too dark? I remember when i drove the G35, it really only takes one day for the wheels to get dark with brake dust again :mad:
Brake dust on the SRT-4 is worse. Im sure SRT owners around here can attest to that:shades:

·
[Elite Merchant], [Manufacturer]
697 Posts
Cool lights, although yellow are still my fav

Mine too! I forgot to post it up (as well as I am not 100% where to post it :bowlol:) that I FINALLY got more of these bulbs in stock. If anyone wants them PLEASE let me know. PDXEVO loves his, and I would be happy to help out the rest of the group. Just PM me your details to contact you and I will be in touch.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just got 4300k HID's for my Evo fogs. Putting them in soon...

i just installed 8000k(blueish) hid bulbs last night. They look damn sweet.
my fog lights are brighter than my headlights right now lol:rock:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
this might be a stupid question, but i know you arent suppose to touch the bulb with your hands, what should you use to take them out that?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.