Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an automatic hideaway plate from Swift Motorsports. The instructions say the plate needs to be wired to the battery has anyone installed this before? I am not sure where to run the wires since the battery is in the trunk and was wondering if there was an easier way maybe to the fuse box?

Thanks

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i have to install it this week. I drove for a year without any problems now im getting pulled over every other week. I can't wait to get pulled over for no front plate hit a button and mess with the cop's mind.

·
aka Domo X aka howiewowie
10,840 Posts
Yeah i have to install it this week. I drove for a year without any problems now im getting pulled over every other week. I can't wait to get pulled over for no front plate hit a button and mess with the cop's mind.
ummm sure, then that'll be a guaranteed ticket for you if they double check and look underneath the car lolz

·
Registered
9,566 Posts
ummm sure, then that'll be a guaranteed ticket for you if they double check and look underneath the car lolz

+1 :dancebanana: you pull that with illegal mods and its a guarantee!! haha

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yeah,... I'm pretty sure its highly illegal so good luck with that.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you drive around with the plate up all the time I don't see why it would be illegal and retract it in different states and when im parked. I just finished installing it im very happy with it didn't have to drill holes in the front of the bumper has a nice clean look and didn't have to cover my intercooler by ziptying it.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
If you drive around with the plate up all the time I don't see why it would be illegal and retract it in different states and when im parked. I just finished installing it im very happy with it didn't have to drill holes in the front of the bumper has a nice clean look and didn't have to cover my intercooler by ziptying it.

Pretty sure (80%) its against the law in every state.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Why waste extra time & money to hide/un-hide license plates. The easy solution is to attach clips to the license plates itself, which can be latched onto the grill part of the front car. Then to remove the license plate, just unhook it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.