Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Recently we had a customer bring in his shiny new EVO X for some upgrades, while discussing fuel system options the new DW65C 260lph compact pump came to mind. We have had great results from the Deatschwerks 300lph pumps which hit the streets last summer so needless to say we were excited to see what this new compact pump had to offer. Up until now a high flow, high pressure fuel pump that was a direct fit for the Evo X, Pontiac GTO, Mazdaspeed 3 & 6, 2006-11 Honda Civic, R35 GT-r, 2008-12 Subaru WRX/STi and 2005-09 LGT was simply not available. Since we were already going to perform the install I figured why not document it and give a review of our first hands on experience with this new pump.

Check out our blog for the complete write up!

Please contact us for unbeatable pricing on these products, also keep in mind we will match or beat any competitors pricing on so called "package deals"!

: Send us a PM|||||
: NateAtMAP|||||
: 1-888-MAPERFORMANCE x 114|||||
: [email protected]

|||||||||||||||

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Contrary to any answers you might get on this topic, I highly recommend rewiring ANY fuel pump upgrade on an EVO X. This pump is no different. While the pump DOES require less power to operate, the EVO X wiring is simply anemic and from our experience, it simply too prone to frying to risk. The pump installed in our write up was rewired and performed flawlessly.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
If we pay an extra $50 shipping, can we have a MAP employee show up like the Nationwide commercials? I am just too lazy to take my seats out and there is only a clip or two...

Because this is the ONLY thing MAP could add that could possibly make their service and professionalism better. You guys rock! Free bump!

·
Vendor
12,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think all you have to do is sing a MAP jingle and I magically appear...the only thing is once I'm there, I'm stuck...we haven't perfected the return procedure yet!

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I think all you have to do is sing a MAP jingle and I magically appear...the only thing is once I'm there, I'm stuck...we haven't perfected the return procedure yet!
Perfect, you can hang out here and just do work for all the Evo guys... :shades:

You guys should do a MAP Jingle parody...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Nate, received my dw65c from you guys last week.. Great pump.. 2 quick questions.. The pump came with 2 o-rings whilst the stock one only had one on. Your instructions say install the two rings on the fuel pump. Is this correct.? I did, it fit perfectly anyway..Also, the standard fuel filter sock was pretty nasty, do you know if I can replace that with an OEM one or other options?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts