navy8385· Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would steal this
HOW TO INSTALL FACTORY BLUETOOTH INTO EVO X GSR
Please note that any work you do on your own may void your warranty so do so at your own risk and only if you know what you're doing!
Level of diffilculty from 1-10 (1 being easy): 8
LANCER/OUTLANDER BLUETOOTH KIT Part # MZ313819 (All three items in the picture below are included)
STEERING WHEEL VOICE CONTROL SWITCH Part # 8750A122
STEERING WHEEL AUDIO CONTROL SWITCH Part # 8701A193
CENTER CONSOLE SWITCH PANEL Part # 8011A267
BLANK BUTTON PLUG Part # 8050A018(You will need 2 of these)
AWC CENTER CONSOLE SWITCH Part # 8610A019
- PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER
- 17MM SOCKET and RATCHET
- DREMEL WITH CUTTING TOOL
- JB WELD or SIMILAR ADHESIVE
- T30 TORX SCREWDRIVER
1) Remove the negative terminal from the battery in the trunk
2) Remove glovebox by squeezing the sides towards each other. As the glovebox starts to drop down, take note to the right side of it, there is an airshock attached to it.
Remove that by pulling towards the drivers side. Now the entire glovebox should drop down on its hinge. Pull towards you to remove.
2) Remove the glovebox liner by taking off 4 phillips screws along the top, and one plastic clip in towards the rear.
3) Look through the glove box "void" and pay attention towards the left drivers side. There should be an unused harness taped with blue electrical tape. This harness will connect to the handsfree module supplied in the Bluetooth kit.
4) Install the bluetooth module inside the dash with the 2 provided phillips screws and plug the harness you found into it.
5) Remove the map light console from the roof by prying the entire assembly downwards. Disconnect it from the harness.
6) Install the microphone included with the bluetooth kit to the map light console.
7) Locate the unused harness taped by blue electrical tape and plug that into the microphone.
8) Plug the map light harness, and re-install map light console.
9) Reverse steps 2 through 1 to re-assemble the glove box compartment.
(Thats the end of the "easy" part)
RELOCATION OF THE AWC SWITCH TO CENTER CONSOLE AND INSTALLATION OF AUDIO CONTROL SWITCH ON STEERING WHEEL
In order for the bluetooth to work, we need to move the AWC switch on the steering wheel and replace it with the radio audio control switch.
1) Start by pulling out the center console tray. Pull straight up and it will come out. Notice an unused harness attached to it. Disconnect it.
2) Replace the tray with the center console panel. Assemble it with the blank button inserts along with the new AWC switch. Plug the harness you just found, and plug it into the AWC switch.