Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why would one want to slice open an OBDII cable for logging with the LC-1 when you can just plug the LC-1 directly into tatrix?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Because mine doesn't bloody work, lol. I've tried and tried, but LC-1 and OP2.0 won't speak digital. So I went for Plan B.

Rich

·
Registered
120 Posts
Because mine doesn't bloody work, lol. I've tried and tried, but LC-1 and OP2.0 won't speak digital. So I went for Plan B.

Rich
Same here, once i spliced into pin 8 all is good, logging like a champ now, should have done this from the start, trying to get the 2.5mm to work was a big pain, this is straight forward. Rich you should make a separate thread JUST for the quick pin 8 wiring and the code that converts volts-afr so that its easier to find.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have recently been using AEM serial logging through the 2.5mm port in the Tactrix.

Which is probably something I should write up as well, since it is pretty nice to have. The LC1 works as well, as it can take the actual serial output from the gauge and add it to the logs.
Would like to see this writeup as I'm wanting to do the same thing but have no idea where to start!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Same here, once i spliced into pin 8 all is good, logging like a champ now, should have done this from the start, trying to get the 2.5mm to work was a big pain, this is straight forward. Rich you should make a separate thread JUST for the quick pin 8 wiring and the code that converts volts-afr so that its easier to find.
Mine worked first try with this txt.

;----------------inno----------------
type=inno
; log from an innovate bus via the 3/32" jack
paramname = mylc1.afr
paramid = 0x0101
scalingrpn = x,14.7,*

14.7294 14.6853 14.6853 14.7588 14.7294 14.7882 14.7882 14.847 14.8911 14.8911 14.9205 14.8764 14.9499 14.9352 14.9352 14.9352 14.9352 14.9646

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Also wanted to add that I like to use cruise control all the time and I'm probably going to reverse the on off, so when the cruise is off it's logging and when it's on it's not logging. I tend to use cruise control a bunch and leave it on all the time, for me it seems smarter to turn it off if I want to log because during that time I'm not going to be wanting to use it.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I'm not familiar with the programming language being used for this so I have a question.

How would I use 2 conditions to start logging?

Turns out when the car is off the cruise light is off and my tatrix is getting power therefore it's logging the car being off.

Anyway I can say, if RPM>0 AND cruise is off, start logging?

I'm thinking it should be possible but I'm unsure of the syntax.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
When the car is off, the ECU is off. It cannot log the ECU if the ECU is off.

The Tactrix cable will always be on. That's just the way the OBD port is wired. I've had a Tactrix cable plugged into my car for 3 years now without any issues.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Mine worked first try with this txt.

;----------------inno----------------
type=inno
; log from an innovate bus via the 3/32" jack
paramname = mylc1.afr
paramid = 0x0101
scalingrpn = x,14.7,*

14.7294 14.6853 14.6853 14.7588 14.7294 14.7882 14.7882 14.847 14.8911 14.8911 14.9205 14.8764 14.9499 14.9352 14.9352 14.9352 14.9352 14.9646

What is that adapter you have so that the Tactrix isnt plugged in directly behind the foot.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
It's only like 15 bucks and the time it takes to pull a coat hanger through the little tunnel behind the dash and you never ever have wires running all over your car when you want to do some logs.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
It's only like 15 bucks and the time it takes to pull a coat hanger through the little tunnel behind the dash and you never ever have wires running all over your car when you want to do some logs.
I have the item bookmarked, def plan on getting this. Wires everywhere when im connected. I hate it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
...and the time it takes to pull a coat hanger through the little tunnel behind the dash
For me, that included the time to clean up the gushing blood that drenched the inside of the dash tunnel... thanks to a razor-sharp edge of metal I slid my hand along, trying to free up the stuck coat hanger.

Once a Ralliart has tasted human blood...

Rich

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
For me, that included the time to clean up the gushing blood that drenched the inside of the dash tunnel... thanks to a razor-sharp edge of metal I slid my hand along, trying to free up the stuck coat hanger.

Once a Ralliart has tasted human blood...

Rich
I'm not going to lie, I also sliced open my thumb. I have a tendency to hurt myself when I'm working on my car so I forgot about this occasion when I posted about it but for real i did slice my hand open. I didn't even realize it til after I pulled my hand out and it was covered in blood. There is something sharp in there but I never saw it.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I about cut my hand off today cutting some random pieces of metal today making a rigged of battery tray for my other car, lmao. Never be careless around power tools

·
Registered
653 Posts
I didn't even realize it til after I pulled my hand out and it was covered in blood. There is something sharp in there but I never saw it.
Looks like we both found the hidden katana blade Mitsubishi included in the dash frame! So sharp that it was totally painless.

Like me, I bet there was that moment of confusion where you thought, "weird, it feels so slippery in here all of a sudden". :duh:

Rich

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
For 2013 0004 Standalone logcfg, you should change 2byteRPM's paraname as it won't work cause it "can't have a numerical value at the start of paraname"

·
Registered
6 Posts
0-5V analog directly into OBD-II Pin 8, standalong logging OP2.0

Hi folks.

While on the OpenECU forums, I came across an alternative method of logging my wideband analog 0-5V when using the Tactrix OP2.0 standalone logger.

Instead of using one of the vehicle's ECU ADC inputs (eg. disabling rear o2 sensor), the OP2.0 itself can be configured to do the job. It can sample voltage on OBD-II Pin 8. Apparently, this pin is unused, so it's a completely free analog logging input there for the taking.

Note that I didn't work this out or "discover" it. See below for original references. As this information doesn't seem to have made it across to the Evo/Ralliart owner space, here it is at last.

The original posts from dschultz... are here, on the RomRaider and OpenECU forums...

http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4790
http://www.romraider.com/forum/viewt...hp?f=15&t=6512

I've successfully got this working - very easy. My Innovate LC-1 analog output is now being directly logged by the OP2.0 standalone. All other OP2.0 operations are 100% unaffected - ECU reading, writing, EvoScan logging are all untouched.

Here's what you need to do...

First off, in the microSD card's "logcfg.txt" file, add a "type=adc" config entry. Here's an example...

Code:
;----------------adc----------------
type=adc       ; log from built in ADC channels

paramname=volts
paramid=8   ; paramid is pin number on OBD connector
            ; valid pins are 8 and 16
            ; values are pre-scaled to millivolts
scalingrpn=x,0.001,*    ; here we scale to volts
Next, you need to splice the analog output you want to sample into the OBD-II Pin 8, so the OpenPort 2.0 box can "see" it. I did it the way it was described in one of the above links - just opened up my extension cable (purchased from Tactrix). I verified the green wire was Pin 8, cut it, and soldered a connecter inline. I guess another valid approach would be to patch in at the vehicle's OBD-II port.

Next, if you have to, reconfigure the device being logged to produce appropriate output voltage. For my LC-1, that was simply a matter of using LMProgrammer to define the required voltage output for the AFR/lambda range.

And that was about it, really. When you start the car, the OP2.0 kicks off its microSD logging, and you'll get a new column in the .csv. Values will be scaled as per your "scalingrpn" definition in "logcfg.txt". You can make it an AFR-style value, or lambda, or whatever. The above example just logs volts.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rich
It helped a lot! I was looking for something like this after I realized the 2.5 stereo jack wasn't quite as slick or simple as this is. The white wire to Pin 8 on the back of the OBDII was easy. The scaling for the AEM was simple as well. I also used the cruise light parameter for the ON/OFF for the log.

FYI, I lost some data when I opened up too many parameters. The first thing to get dropped was the speed, and I lost one of the RPM digits as well.

281 - 300 of 300 Posts