Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I finally ordered this. Got it in the faux alcantara black to match my shift boot and the rest of the GSR interior lol. Can't wait! Grabbed the ebrake boot as well since together it was 25% off, and they are giving free shipping. :D
Should have PM'd me first. I have the discount code on top of that :D

Once you have it installed, take some pics, I'll send you the link for the $10 refund :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Hmm, I get everything up until the staple part. Will a regular stapler do, where I just open the hinge and pretend its like a gun, or do i need to buy that fancy stapler you have, just so I can secure the arm rest?

·
Premium Member
21,574 Posts
That's how I did it. Regular stapler (not even a red swingline!). I didn't even open it, I just stapled it like it was a piece of paper.

Your staples might go through the plastic to the other side a little (I got maybe 1/4mm sticking out on maybe 4 staples). If that happens, on the inside edge of the staple just use a small screwdriver to back it out that 1/4mm until the staple isn't poking through anymore. It still holds perfectly.

And the whole time you have to quote office space "That's my stapler..."

·
Premium Member
21,574 Posts
Huh? My staples went right through the plastic. It's not hard plastic. That's how they fasten the armrest cover to the armrest plastic.

My staples stayed straight. They were short enough that they didn't go all the way through the plastic (in most cases), reach the other side of the stapler and "curl" around like they do with paper.

Make sense?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Huh? My staples went right through the plastic. It's not hard plastic. That's how they fasten the armrest cover to the armrest plastic.

My staples stayed straight. They were short enough that they didn't go all the way through the plastic (in most cases), reach the other side of the stapler and "curl" around like they do with paper.

Make sense?
Forgot to tell you.......i dunno since this is not a link to their product but to a refund thing........ anywhoo, redlinegoods feedback PM sent.

Read. ;)

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
FYI- Redline goods have a sale on 15% off till end of the weekend. 2012/01/29
PM me if you want the link or code.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Great write up! I'm looking at the booty, e-brake, and possibly this cover as well. I don't mind the stock cover, but if i'm planning to change the booty and get the e-brake anyways I might as well splurge right :p haha. Anyways, looks nice!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great write up! I'm looking at the booty, e-brake, and possibly this cover as well. I don't mind the stock cover, but if i'm planning to change the booty and get the e-brake anyways I might as well splurge right :p haha. Anyways, looks nice!
Get the arm rest cover for sure. It goes real nice with everything else. Plus, add extra cushion! It's a lot more comfortable

·
Registered
869 Posts
Get the arm rest cover for sure. It goes real nice with everything else. Plus, add extra cushion! It's a lot more comfortable
Thanks for the input! How much extra cushion did you add?

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Massive 20% SALE ON ALL REDLINEGOODS STUFF UNTIL DEC 1ST.

PM ME FOR DISCOUNT CODE!!! :)

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.