Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HOW TO: RedLineGoods leather e-brake cover.

Parts Required:
- RedLineGoods leather e-brake cover can be obtained at REDLINEGOODS

Tools Required:
- 6mm | 1/4" light duty staples.
- canned grease (optional)
- pliers
- thin flat head screw driver
- very sharp knife
- scissors

Recommended Number of People
- 1 person

Difficulty
- 1, hard part is getting the metal staples into the plastic.

Time to complete
- 15 minutes taking your time.

Step by Step Instructions

1) Slide off the e-brake handle, it takes time so be patient and keep pulling forward. Eventually it will come off. A dab of grease or pressurized silicone spray under the handle will help.

2) Open the arm rest and lift up the centre cup holder console from the rear, then slowly moving forward, pull upwards on the console near the shifter base. There are 4 clips here, ensure you don't loose the two white plastic ones near the shifter base.

3) If you have a RalliArt or an EvoX MR, Unclip the AWC module wires by depressing the white tab. If you have a EvoX GSR simply set the cup holder trim aside as there is enough slack in the wire.

4) If you have a RalliArt or an EvoX MR, Unclip the heated seat module wires by depressing the white tab, and set the console aside. If you have an EvoX GSR skip this step.

5) With the e-brake handle and the cup holder trim off remove the lower plastic e-brake boot. A little bit of force should be used to pull the lower plastic boot off.

6) Slide the REDLINEGOODS leather e-brake boot over the plastic boot and staple around the lower edge of the plastic. Adjust the fit to your liking.

7) Staple the back end of the leather nice and tight around the back end of the plastic e-brake cover.

8) Re-insert the covered e-brake boot back onto the e-brake mechanism. A touch of white lithium grease should help but not necessary.

9) Re-install your plastic cup holder trim and enjoy! :D

CONGRATULATIONS - YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED YOUR NEW LEATHER BOOTS!

Useful tip
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Ok, so when I spoke to RedLine about the e-brake, they were skeptical. But after sending them my e-brake and getting the return piece I have to say it loooks AWESOME! It took me a bit to figure out how to install the piece but after some finesse it came out great.

Here are the full install pics, I used some older pics from the RalliArt SST shiftboot install for those fellars a ladies that have heated seats or an MR version.

Here are all the install pics.

PHOTOBUCKET SLIDESHOW

And for Frankiago ;-)

On a side note, I had them only make the half boot because I want to upgrade the handle to something nicer, maybe the Aluminium one or a Momo or something.

Is this worthy of a HOW TO? I dunno, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah and thing is I'm glad it's not baggy. I like it all toite.

So dif'rent strokes for dif'rent folks, they can't please everybody unless they have a billion different options available.
Yeah the e-brake boot wouldnt fit the Aluminium Evolution Handle. So had to go with the half size.

:D but if you want to upgrade your e-brake handle then the option is there.

Would you guys be interested in a full length boot?

Thanks,
NEWB

·
Registered
314 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's a pretty nice upgrade from the normal stock look, might pick this up.
We can't post non approved merchants here but I have a discount code link if u pm me. I love mine they look so much more better then stock. I think trackjunkie does also. :)

on a side note, who is in charge of the how-to section now? I pm'd trust with no luck so far. Anyone hear from him?

·
Most likely in chat
2,525 Posts
Got the shift boot and ebrake boot today, unfortunately redline sent the GSR boot instead of the MR. I got the ebrake boot installed tho, quality really is amazing! Cant wait to get the SST boot.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am confusing one of the pic is MR and the rest gsr???
No a few are of the RalliArt, because RalliArt has those switches there, GSR does not. The install is for all cars, so I had to accommodate them all.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
can you request for the e-brake boot to have stitching on both sides of the handle? it only goes down the front side (back side is solid black leather). looks kinda off too me but still nice.
you sure could,

also, if you need a discount code let me know.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
can you request for the e-brake boot to have stitching on both sides of the handle? it only goes down the front side (back side is solid black leather). looks kinda off too me but still nice.
Wait so you don't like the way it looks in the pictures on page 1? I'm a little bit confused... mine is coming in the mail any day now and hopefully what I open up is exactly as pictured in post 1...

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wait so you don't like the way it looks in the pictures on page 1? I'm a little bit confused... mine is coming in the mail any day now and hopefully what I open up is exactly as pictured in post 1...
as far as I know, it will be exact duplicate of mine, unless someone requests the stitching all the way to the back.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.