Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

How To: RedLineGoods leather e-brake cover.

21K views 49 replies 14 participants last post by  TheNEWB 
#1 ·
HOW TO: RedLineGoods leather e-brake cover.

Parts Required:
- RedLineGoods leather e-brake cover can be obtained at REDLINEGOODS

Tools Required:
- 6mm | 1/4" light duty staples.
- canned grease (optional)
- pliers
- thin flat head screw driver
- very sharp knife
- scissors

Recommended Number of People
- 1 person

Difficulty
- 1, hard part is getting the metal staples into the plastic.

Time to complete
- 15 minutes taking your time.

Step by Step Instructions

1) Slide off the e-brake handle, it takes time so be patient and keep pulling forward. Eventually it will come off. A dab of grease or pressurized silicone spray under the handle will help.

2) Open the arm rest and lift up the centre cup holder console from the rear, then slowly moving forward, pull upwards on the console near the shifter base. There are 4 clips here, ensure you don't loose the two white plastic ones near the shifter base.

3) If you have a RalliArt or an EvoX MR, Unclip the AWC module wires by depressing the white tab. If you have a EvoX GSR simply set the cup holder trim aside as there is enough slack in the wire.

4) If you have a RalliArt or an EvoX MR, Unclip the heated seat module wires by depressing the white tab, and set the console aside. If you have an EvoX GSR skip this step.

5) With the e-brake handle and the cup holder trim off remove the lower plastic e-brake boot. A little bit of force should be used to pull the lower plastic boot off.

6) Slide the REDLINEGOODS leather e-brake boot over the plastic boot and staple around the lower edge of the plastic. Adjust the fit to your liking.

7) Staple the back end of the leather nice and tight around the back end of the plastic e-brake cover.

8) Re-insert the covered e-brake boot back onto the e-brake mechanism. A touch of white lithium grease should help but not necessary.

9) Re-install your plastic cup holder trim and enjoy! :D

CONGRATULATIONS - YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED YOUR NEW LEATHER BOOTS!

Useful tip
You have installed a product made out of genuine leather. As you know, to maintain a leather product in good condition, you should take care of it. We suggest occasionally (every 4-6 week for example) applying some leather conditioner/UV protector to keep your leather from drying up in the sun and cracking.

See less See more
#44 ·
anytime sir. :)

I'm working on a project for my friends STy right now.

Hopefully it turns out pretty epic when all is said and done.

NEWB

#45 ·
Massive 20% SALE ON ALL REDLINEGOODS STUFF UNTIL DEC 1ST.

PM ME FOR DISCOUNT CODE!!! :)

#49 · (Edited)
Yup it will.
Thank you kindly, gents.

NEWB, just sent you a PM for a discount code!

Also, do you have a side-by-side photo comparison of the stock SST boot vs the RedLineGoods SST boot? Lookig through the how-to, I have to say that I don't see much of a difference between the stock one and the RedLineGoods one. Is it primarily the leather quality that's different? And therefore not as readily visible in a photo?

#50 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.