Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
I would suggest using a box cutter vs. a screw driver to remove the AWC surround. The box cutter is thinner & wider, which is overall better when wedging into a small area & pulling upward. The box cutters can also be used to remove the staples, if they aren't extremely brittle (then pliers would be necessary).

I actually already have a detailed how-to made up in my FS thread, but here it is anyways. I have taken apart GSR shift surrounds & my MR surround several times. Very easy if you aren't too tender with the plastic. It can be worrisome at times, because of the force involved. It does take about 15 minutes on average, like NEWB was saying

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
True that it's not 100% necessary, but the box cutter fits nicely between the cup holder section & the plastic AWC surround. It gives a nice firm area to grip, when pulling up on the cup holders. In my BF's GSR & in my MR, we always pop that little plastic area out first, since the cup holder section get stuck in there pretty well. & no scratches on the little rectangular piece.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.