Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two of the bolts are easily accessible. The 3rd one you can't fit a deep wall socket in there. I saw this pic and it looks like they are using a regular socket with a flexible extension but with a regular socket the socket doesn't fit deep enough on the nut. Is there a different socket I'm missing?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I used a ratcheting box wrench. Worked fine for me several times. The new Craftsman socket/ratchet set will work fine as well, the one with the pass through design.

Some remove the plastic piece...up to you really.

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
Take out the two (per side) push-pin retainers on the plastic trim strip on each side. that covers access to the rearmost bolt - the part your gloved hand is resting on. Then lift the black trim strips up - there's now plenty of room to use a semi- or deep socket and rachet.

BTW - those nuts go back to 35 Ft-Lbs.

·
Cunning Linguist
12,363 Posts
I used a breaker bar to get it started then just a crescent wrench. Worked just fine.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright thanks for the advise guys.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
If you leave the other two bolts tight, remove that one first that way when it's broke you can just spin it off with your fingers... Get a wrench on that

·
Registered
528 Posts
I would have said use a wrench. That's what I have used to remove nuts. Sometimes I will use a socket too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts