Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Buy a thick, strong cardboard box. Fill it 1/3 to 1/2 full with peanuts. Wrap the head with plenty of bubble wrap, and then place it in the box. Fill the rest of the box with peanuts and call it a day.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Wood pallet (make sure it's rated for the weight), wrap it in thick plastic, put a box over it, put a bunch of packing material in there, like peanuts or those foam block things. Tape it up. I posted on your build thread a youtube video that shows how it's done by a random shop that builds V8's.

Im sure there's other ways, like a crate or something.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I saw that. Thanks bud, the v8 is huge compared to what I'm sending... Just the top... Wonder the the cost
Ratio is worth it?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
214 Posts
Guess just get the shipping supplies from fed ex/ups/ possibly office max/walmart?

Pretty much. There isn't a need to use a wood pallet if you're just shipping a head. If you were shipping a block or complete engine, yeah. A head can be shipped easily without a pallet.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
If you go to the UPS store, they can package ANYTHING for you that you might need to ship and they know how it's done so I trust them.

·
Vendor
543 Posts
Go overboard, the last thing we want is for a head to arrive damaged. Can't wait to get started on it for you :)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Btw. There's no visible
Damage to it by my view... Looks like it was the shortblock only that wasn't having if, the holes are humongous, I think I'm lucky. I got pics scattered all threw my build thread if anyone wants to see some damage 

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
 you and me both brother!

Seriously though, for claim purposes, snap even a smartphone image of the packaging materials and the finished box. UPS, FEDEX, and USPS, have a way of sodomizing boxes that would seem vulgar to the average bear. It seams the heavier it is, the harder they fuck it. If it arrives damaged call them out, make sure to get insurance on it, and fuck them over. Lord knows they have gotten away with murder with Amazon on my orders.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Seriously though, for claim purposes, snap even a smartphone image of the packaging materials and the finished box. UPS, FEDEX, and USPS, have a way of sodomizing boxes that would seem vulgar to the average bear. It seams the heavier it is, the harder they fuck it. If it arrives damaged call them out, make sure to get insurance on it, and fuck them over. Lord knows they have gotten away with murder with Amazon on my orders.
Doodley noted!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.