Registered
22,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Parts Required: Speedcircuit firewall heat shield

Tools Required: 1/4 rachet, 10mm socket, and 12mm socket
Recommended Number of People: 1
Difficulty: 1
Time to Complete: 10 minutes

Step 1: Remove factory heat shield. It's held on with 3 10mm bolts and 2 12mm nuts.

After the shield is off, this is what you are looking at:

Step 2: On 2008 models only.....There is a black pipe attached to the firewall. It looks to be a drain.

This pipe is held on with only one 12mm nut.

Remove that nut and remove the pipe, otherwise the heat shield WILL NOT fit. This black pipe is only on the 2008 models and from what we can tell, the factory did away with them. The rubber piece at the top that the pipe connects to, is still there on all the other models, it just doesn't have this pipe.

Step 3: Install your heat shield. This shield slides right into place and requires no effort. It really is a thing of beauty when aftermarket parts go this way. Just use your 3 10mm bolts and 2 12mm nuts to secure it in place.

Now go out and have confidence when you lift your hood for others to admire.

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
So that black pipe just completely remove it and leave it off? Also what brand is that cf radiator shroud? Looks like it fits really well compared to some I've seen.

·
Registered
207 Posts
just install heat shield

add stock manifold heat shield above manifold.

thank you for great instruction : )

take out black pipe was kinda hard because not enough room...

·
Registered
22,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So that black pipe just completely remove it and leave it off? Also what brand is that cf radiator shroud? Looks like it fits really well compared to some I've seen.
Yep, it's really easy. Only one nut and it pulls right out. And the shroud is an eBay knock off lol. Was cheap and fits perfect. The finish isn't the best, but it works.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
i know this is old , but i was looking for a shield , Will this fit with fp red and ets 1.9 Long tube exhaust manifold ( header )
It should. I'm pretty sure Dino said this thing fits with pretty much everything. It's not like an exhaust manifold shield.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts