VS

Cosworth panel filter (+13 whp)
Boost Pill + Tune

THAT is how to tune an evo on Piss gas 91 Octane

the Original base flash 52680015 made 255 whp

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Wow.?.? That is all the mods on the same car doing two pulls? So bone ass stock pulled 265whp/278wtq? Little high would you think.

Still have base line run so gained 65WHP/45wtq doing that. Good job.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow.?.? That is all the mods on the same car doing two pulls? So bone ass stock pulled 265whp/278wtq? Little high would you think.

Still have base line run so gained 65WHP/45wtq doing that. Good job.
did you miss the "NEW OEM REFLASH" part?

what you all dont realize is that the ORIGINAL flash are the ones that made "low numbers" that flash has since been upgraded 4 times now
the car runs much leaner than the original flashes that everyone "Baselined" back in 2008

the ORIGINAL FLASH From 2008 dynoed @ 255 whp 10 whp less
This is in line with just about every dynojet out there. That is what i have my dyno calibrated to read like. As Does COBB in plano and Portland.

Unfortunately Dynojet is the "industry standard" and cant really be messed with to much. Hence why i calibrate to be similar. Mustangs, Dyno dynamics, can all be changed to read higher but yet most will claim its lower than a dynojet even when its not. Dynapacks are all over the place on thier readings some dynojet like some dynojet+100 lol and they have a "crank hp" TCF value that can add power butis rarely used.

These are also done in 4th gear, most people dyno in 3rd because there is less load and the cars wont knock as easily on the dyno and therefore make "more power".

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Wow lol, Okay well why did you not explian this then saying "oem New relay reflash"? That would be a lot simpler to imply what you just said.

Far as my understanding is that 2010s only had "new flash" not the 08 models. People said dealer won't "update" inless you do have a problem.

So why would you not do a pull with the "Old flash" and then show your tuned numbers. You would had hell of a lot better % and people would think your more of a god like person then. Just saying.

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
Not everyone is deceptive about their numbers...there are still many shops out there that don't bs about theirs. I would agree that many shops that whore the boards manipulate their "low reading" dyno numbers though.

I guess I only post anything because my normal dyno does in fact read 15-18% lower than the local dynojet. As in i could dyno on that one then go to MAP and dyno much higher.

Regardless of that nonsense, great numbers, especially for the pissy gas.

did you miss the "NEW OEM REFLASH" part?

what you all dont realize is that the ORIGINAL flash are the ones that made "low numbers" that flash has since been upgraded 4 times now
the car runs much leaner than the original flashes that everyone "Baselined" back in 2008

the ORIGINAL FLASH From 2008 dynoed @ 255 whp 10 whp less
This is in line with just about every dynojet out there. That is what i have my dyno calibrated to read like. As Does COBB in plano and Portland.

Unfortunately Dynojet is the "industry standard" and cant really be messed with to much. Hence why i calibrate to be similar. Mustangs, Dyno dynamics, Dynapacks can all be changed to read higher but yet most will claim its lower than a dynojet even when its not.

These are also done in 4th gear, most people dyno in 3rd because there is less load and the cars wont knock as easily on the dyno and therefore make "more power".

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow lol, Okay well why did you not explian this then saying "oem New relay reflash"? That would be a lot simpler to imply what you just said.

Far as my understanding is that 2010s only had "new flash" not the 08 models. People said dealer won't "update" inless you do have a problem.

So why would you not do a pull with the "Old flash" and then show your tuned numbers. You would had hell of a lot better % and people would think your more of a god like person then. Just saying.

let me explain even more

2008 has

5 DIFFERENT flashes for the same car. Some changed fueling, some throttle response and the final 0022 changed the throttle on decel and changed the way the fuel pump relays are controlled. The car is leaner as well.

2010 has 3-4 Flashes already too
2009 has 3

·
Resting in Peace
7,218 Posts
I've never questioned your numbers. The end results are comparable to the 93oct cars at MAP (330-340).

I've wondered about some of the big-number FP Red threads that have popped up lately but in the end it doesn't matter. Our local Mitsu community pretty much all uses the same low-reading DD and we know what's what when we talk about the numbers on that dyno.

afaik all of the local dyno operators use 3rd gear.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
let me explain even more

2008 has

5 DIFFERENT flashes for the same car. Some changed fueling, some throttle response and the final 0022 changed the throttle on decel and changed the way the fuel pump relays are controlled. The car is leaner as well.

2010 has 3-4 Flashes already too
2009 has 3
Good to know that. Cool. I just look base-line numbers to tuned numbers and 65whp is good for doing so little mods. Might have look into some of the other roms (Copy/paste). Mine 0018 and idle's like shit if the a/c kicks on lol.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Yep! Yeah I don't use A/C much here (hell snowing today) but when I move I will lol.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
So where do i get this flash from?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
See now you can show 79WHP/56WTQ more from factory tune. No need show the better factory tune. lol!

Ethier way 79WHP/56WTQ is great gain from factory man! Good job!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
HB speed... Can you comment on the Cosworth drop-in in terms of sound when compared to HKS, i think your the first one to use this.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Interesting Jon, thanks for posting this up.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts