Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
From the TAS show, it appears that a few of the Japanese tuners were running 19x10 +35 with a 265-30-19 with a coilover setup. This seems like it is a very nice fit without comprimising or body modification. And that is a very aggressive size for a street setup/daily driver. I can not confirm if alignment adjustments for negative camber was set real or too aggressive for daily street driving. I am still searching that.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
From the TAS show, it appears that a few of the Japanese tuners were running 19x10 +35 with a 265-30-19 with a coilover setup. This seems like it is a very nice fit without comprimising or body modification. And that is a very aggressive size for a street setup/daily driver. I can not confirm if alignment adjustments for negative camber was set real or too aggressive for daily street driving. I am still searching that.
The 19x10 +35 is the Evo's limit at that wheel size without rubbing and without alignment adjustments. But I think it is too aggressive for the street. I think 19x9.5 +35 is the best trade off between a flush wheel and aggressive looks with the practicality of a daily driver.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The 19x10 +35 is the Evo's limit at that wheel size without rubbing and without alignment adjustments. But I think it is too aggressive for the street. I think 19x9.5 +35 is the best trade off between a flush wheel and aggressive looks with the practicality of a daily driver.
Yes, I do agree with you 100%. This setup will be pretty harsh on the not so forgiving roads. I was trying to shed as much light as I could for the OP :)

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Is this with lowered suspension or still with stock ride height?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally Posted by FLK
The 19x10 +35 is the Evo's limit at that wheel size without rubbing and without alignment adjustments. But I think it is too aggressive for the street. I think 19x9.5 +35 is the best trade off between a flush wheel and aggressive looks with the practicality of a daily driver
no way can that fit on stock suspen. or stock coil overs. no way.....10 inch wide is AMAZEING tho, wow i would so do that and rape the street with my traction. [email protected]#:whipping:

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
no way can that fit on stock suspen. or stock coil overs. no way.....10 inch wide is AMAZEING tho, wow i would so do that and rape the street with my traction. [email protected]#:whipping:
I beg to differ. What I posted is accurate as per test fittings by TeamD at WORKS. They will be running a 19x10 +35 setup with 265/30R19 tires which according to them clears all suspension. However they will be getting coilovers soon.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I beg to differ. What I posted is accurate as per test fittings by TeamD at WORKS. They will be running a 19x10 +35 setup with 265/30R19 tires which according to them clears all suspension. However they will be getting coilovers soon.
+1

Guys, we aren't playing the bs card.

For those who really want to read it for themselves:
http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?t=322459

·
Registered
389 Posts
wow......that is awsome, now i have to see it with tire on but i eat my own words, im SOOOOOOO doing that lol, but ill do it with 18" rims

·
Registered
9 Posts
For and 18x9.5 wheel What would be the lowest offset to go??

Brandon

·
Registered
47 Posts
For and 18x9.5 wheel What would be the lowest offset to go??

Brandon
Well, after reading into it further, my 'guess' is if you are going to run a set of coilovers and a 18x9.5, I would run a +29 to +22 (not 100% sure). The coilovers will obviously give you a lot more negative camber adjustment to accomodate the aggressive offset without body modification. If just using lowering springs, than your negative camber will be limited to adjustment. If I am not mistaken, the factory wheels on the X GSR are 18x8.5 +35. So, with some theory from past Evolutions (VII-IX) you can somewhat determine what will fit. This is a whole new chassis, so I am yet to be quoted on. The pics from TAS '08 in a thread on evom posted by member 'zippo' indicates that some of the Japanese tuners are going big. Seeing a bunch of X's with 19x10 +35 and 265-30-19 tires with suspension work and no body mods.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Why the hell bother with a 10" wheel to only run a 265?
I am not sure why either. It must have something to do with the suspension setup they chose and them not doing any body mod. I am not sure if these cars had their fenders rolled or not. I can not answer why they would run a 10 inch wheel with only 265's. My only guess is tire rub on front/back fenders....????

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.