Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

241 - 260 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, folks. I've read through this entire thread and ordered up a tactrix 2.0. I read my ROM from my 2012 MR and saved it locally as an RTF.

I saved Golden's 58020005 in my local metadata folder. What the heck do I do from here? Apologies in advance as im a total newb. The shop that tuned my car didnt put the proper fix in-place if seems. I have an SES light and 0139 and 0140 being thrown.

Thanks, in advance!

·
Registered
46 Posts
There are two files you need to have, one is the base evo x map and then the rom data map you already have. They have to be in the right directory of evoscan or ecuflash to be sean properly and useable. From there you will be able to access all the maps required to start playing and advances from there. Later with tephra mods and RAX patches. You will need them for later advancments when you are "expert" the two programs you will get are evoscan and ecuflash from the tetrix site. That's all you need to start with. Evoscan to watch your system and record runs and flash to change the parimiters of the maps. Sorry the message could be more thought out but in a hurry.
Chris

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are two files you need to have, one is the base evo x map and then the rom data map you already have. They have to be in the right directory of evoscan or ecuflash to be sean properly and useable. From there you will be able to access all the maps required to start playing and advances from there. Later with tephra mods and RAX patches. You will need them for later advancments when you are "expert" the two programs you will get are evoscan and ecuflash from the tetrix site. That's all you need to start with. Evoscan to watch your system and record runs and flash to change the parimiters of the maps. Sorry the message could be more thought out but in a hurry.
Chris
Thanks, Chris.

No doubt I will be playing in there quite a bit once i'm more comfortable. I was hoping for some guidance to the OBD readiness patches, in particular. I'm a jacka$$ and have already let my plates expire. :(
Hoping to get the fix flashed so I can get tested!

·
Registered
3 Posts
After replacing the meta file for my ID with Golden's and adding the OBD readiness tables, the stock values are not matching.. That's a no-go as I understand it. How should I proceed?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok so I am trying to do this but the values do not match in my tables. What do I need to do? My internal ROM ID is 55580010. I had to have Michael Poreda at Tactrix make me a definition file before I could even read my ECU. Keep in mind that I am a total noob when it comes to this stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
did you do this?

Ok, here's the deal. I just went digging into the ROM and I looked at these definitions.

The first one "A1BD->6100"... the 00 part forces your "Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" to all 0's.

And

The one "A0BD->60FF"... the FF part forces your "Monitor Passed(1)/Failed(0)" to all 1's.

The reason is that the addresses overlap.

So you definitely did something wrong when you set those 2 values.

When you enter in the value 6100, you have to type "0x6100" otherwise it will think you are entering a binary number instead of a hexadecimal number.

To recap:
If you set the values correctly, then it is IMPOSSIBLE to get anything other than:
"Monitor Available(1)/Not Available(0)" equal to all 0's
"Monitor Passed(1)/Failed(0)" equal to all 1's

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok mufasa I did that and this is what changed. Does this look right to you? Do i need to change the other values to hex format also? For example, CF94->7000 still says 7D0A in the hex column. Do i need to change it to hex so it will say 7000?

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Never mind I found out that all of them need to match so I fixed that. Also this is a 2010 Evo so this should still work correct? Rom ID is 55580010

·
Registered
46 Posts
it should

mine is a 5689 ver. for the 2011. If you have a cheap obd tester or got to autozone to verify. What its really saying is that you computer tested the emissions and gas tank pressure and there is no problems reported to the ecm or to the emissions testers. But like always I am in Phoenix and they just use the ECM reporting to tell if the emissions are good. No check engine light means :rock:should be good to go.

·
Registered
224 Posts
mine is a 5689 ver. for the 2011. If you have a cheap obd tester or got to autozone to verify. What its really saying is that you computer tested the emissions and gas tank pressure and there is no problems reported to the ecm or to the emissions testers. But like always I am in Phoenix and they just use the ECM reporting to tell if the emissions are good. No check engine light means :rock:should be good to go.
What emissions place to you take your car too? I'm from scottsdale and last time I drove my car down there to do emissions they failed me due to visual inspection.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do not make any changes as the address data is not the correct address...

This is the correct addresses for 55580010, there is a slight address offset from 55580005/6 to 55580010

<table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch - Part 1" address="9053c">
</table>

<table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Availability Patch - Part 2" address="90542">
</table>

<table name="Non-Continuous Monitor Completion Patch" address="905a8">
</table>
This needs to be done in the definition file? Once I do this then will I be able to do what this thread suggests?

·
Registered
46 Posts
They ran the mirrors under

I have a high performance cat. "looking" test pipe. A straight test pipe wont cut there inspection. all the valley is done by a company called Gordon/Darby and contracted for the next 7 years. The emissions have do to look the part. I was the State Program manager till the contract was finished. I did try to get them to add a reset of the ECU computer after it passes but the state deemed it to much of a liability. Its really not our cars that bring the emissions its the planes and the truckers going thru the valley.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have a 2010 GSR with 55570006.xml which pulls from 55570005.xml (They are the ones from Golden's site). I noticed that I can't get mine to show ready, but I was able to show them as passing. What do I need to do to fix that. I have attached a screen shoot. The 0x60ff worked but nothing changed when I put in 0x7000.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Anyone?

241 - 260 of 288 Posts