Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a phone call from the dealer and was told my MR has gone into production! They told me it's being slapped together right now and wiLLLL be in U.S. ports july 10th. They also have some real pricing! They told me my car comes to $38,850 i got it with all the standard MR options, no nav. I'm pissed because I was told it would be 35 or below, with tax this car is going to cost me 40grand... a bit too high for a mitsubishi if you ask me. I know there is a ton of technology in this thing, but for 40grand, this mitsu better wipe my butt for me.
I will keep everyone posted!
SOCAL mitsu, can you beat that price and make it worth my while to fly down there and drive it back? :thumbup:

· Registered
939 Posts
Bah whatever. 38 is a steal! I'd pay 38 Canadian any day. The MR up here in Canada will cost at least 50k once the dealerships have their way.
You know the stupid thing about it all is that our price on parity with yours for once. You think you're getting raped?

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice to finally have a date from someone.
Yea, the dealer called me at 9pm, He sounded sooo excited to give me the news I thought he'd [email protected]$t himself. =) I complained that the price was higher than I expected it to be and he told me the pricing they are applying is straight MSRP with no play in it. Eh, if I can shave em down to 38 flat I will be happy. Plus they already have a grand from me so I will pretend that grand never existed, and the car is 37g's.

· Registered
1,050 Posts
Build date on mine was end of February...so dunno why I don't have my MR yet. LOL. This was printed off the Mitsubishi Motors dealer order thing. It show the port date as March 28th too. So...take it with a grain of salt. Sorry, hate to rain on the party...

<EDIT> WTF? rain on the party *shakes head*. I think I mean rain on the parade. LOL...</EDIT>

verkion

· Registered
3 Posts
The fact you thought it was going to be UNDER 35 just kind of makes you a poor consumer or unable to read. The GSR is over 33 with destination. EVERY, and by EVERY, I do mean EVERY SINGLE NEWS OUTLET, has estimated the price to be 37.5 or higher.

Just because you blinded yourself with unrealistic wishful thinking isn't mitsubishi's fault.

· Registered
1,595 Posts
The fact you thought it was going to be UNDER 35 just kind of makes you a poor consumer or unable to read. The GSR is over 33 with destination. EVERY, and by EVERY, I do mean EVERY SINGLE NEWS OUTLET, has estimated the price to be 37.5 or higher.

Just because you blinded yourself with unrealistic wishful thinking isn't mitsubishi's fault.
Chill out.
I expect to see lots more positive attitude in your future posts.

· [Team IEG VP]
10,145 Posts
ummm.... you don't really know very much do you mazdaspeed.

You can buy a GSR for under 30k, even with the SSS for under 31,5. I'm sure if you wait you will be able to get the MR for very close to 35k out the door. Don't be a d*ck unless you know what you're talking about.

· Registered
3 Posts
Chill out.
I expect to see lots more positive attitude in your future posts.

Hi. Congratulations on your awesome purchase!!! You rock! :bowlol: LOL! Unfortunately, the Evolution X MR by Mitsubishi Motors has long been expected to carry a MSRP (Thats 'Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price' LOL!) in excess of 37,500 US dollars. I am incredibly sorry that you were unable to find mention of this oft stated fact prior to today. I love you and everyone you have ever had contact with unconditionally and if I can help in any way in the future please do not hesitate to ask. :godance:

Better?

· Registered
3 Posts

You can buy a GSR for under 30k, even with the SSS for under 31,5. I'm sure if you wait you will be able to get the MR for very close to 35k out the door. Don't be a d*ck unless you know what you're talking about.
I was talkin MSRP dawg money homey G.

His fault with price was with Misubishi. Your pricing scenario is taking in to account a dealers price, not mitsubishis MSRP which is where he took umbrage.

Additionally, if he were expecting to magically pay under MSRP without any discussion as to price with his dealer then the fact he didn't isn't shocking now is it?

· Registered
3,986 Posts
mazdaspeed is right, I guess the way he expresses his opinion is kind of rough. Moving on, anyone else called their sales? July sounds about right, isn't it official when Mitsubishi mentioned that in their yearly report?

· Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Do you work for mitsubishi or are you just an angry, bitter person?

My salesmen assured me over and over it would be "around 35"... maybe i'm just crazy but a news source is just a news source, but I figured that the source of where the actual transaction is taking place, the people who are actually selling the car should be able to tell me the most accurate information.

Once again, relax, are you offended this easily all the time?

· Registered
39 Posts
As I Have To Say Is Wait For My Pricing. I Will Destroy The Competition :)

Smash And Deals!
Is this English as a 3rd or 4th language or perhaps via computer translation?

· Registered
125 Posts

:mad:Then I got ripped off. I paid 33k for my GSR with SSS Package :mad:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.