Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys,

So this morning a storm passed by with heavy rain and I hydroplaned and hit a curb :duh: (no i was not speeding, lol). Messed up a wheel and bent an axle and control arm (i think). Do you guys think i messed anything else up? I havent looked at it yet since i have work but im hoping nothing else got messed up. Anyone know where i can get OEM parts for a deal? I would appreciate it!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Take it to an alignment shop to see whats all bent. Could be the spindle, lower control arms (there are 3 of them, control arm, locating arm, and trailing arm), axle, upper control arm, strut, and or crossmember. Pretty hefty bill if you replace with new parts...If you must replace with new, use fred bean parts or similar.

I would try www.car-part.com and do some searches for used parts, most wrecked Evo's are hit on the front half of the vehicle, so rear suspension should be pretty easy to find. Don't be scared of "used" parts, you're car is nothing but a compilation of used parts at this point, you're replacing with an LKQ (like kind quality) part...that is, equivalent or better then what you have on there right now (well, before you bashed it into a curb :p).

Good luck, you'll have it fixed in no time :).

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Yeah looks like lots of stuff will need replacing...

Hopefully the rear subframe is not messed up...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thats happened to me in my S4, make sure to check that the is no damage done to the rear diff. Shortly after I had the rim, axle and suspension parts replaced, the rear diff blew... So make sure you get that checked out as well..

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
yea, better put that insurance claim in, but it wont hurt to get it looked at first.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys

Im ganna have a body shop and tranny shop take a look at it before i place a claim. Any symptoms to look for my rear diff? Thats my biggest concern really..

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Forgot to mention, when i tried starting my car, it wouldnt start two times, on the third time it started.. any clue? Ill be getting it towed to the shop tomorrow morning.. hopefully theres not to much damage... :wallbash:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.