Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see where people are with their cars. Mileage, major repairs? Let’s talk

May car just hit 117k, brand new drop in motor at 70k. Brand new AWC pump at 65k, 3rd clutch lol.

I have legitimate daily driven my car for 4 years going on 5.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I hit 59007 miles when my stock block threw a rod.... So with the new block im at 59008 miles lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hit 59007 miles when my stock block threw a rod.... So with the new block im at 59008 miles lol
I have seen a few of us go out around this mileage, crazy Lol.

too much power, bad tune? I believe mine was a poor tuning issue. I saw the car knocking way too late and next thing I know my wrist pin was sitting on my alternator lol.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm at 156k miles on my MR. Orginal motor. Rebuilt SST around 120k miles. Bolt ons, flex fuel tuned, stock turbo. Daily driven.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2014 Evo MR - 15,900 miles. Not a misprint. Second owner of car. First owner babied it and took excellent care of the car. Verified mileage with dealer service records. Bone stock other than new radio I put in.

·
Registered
280 Posts
My old evo a couple cars ago was an 2010 with 75k.... went thru timing chain install... other than that no issues. Never changed clutch. I tuned it at 20k

New one is 2015 and has 52k but just got it 3k ago. Drives solid. Just tuned it. Seemed stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm at 31k, daily driven.

We had an Evo X at the shop, think it was a 2014 with 110k on it. Ran good no leaks or anything.

·
Registered
15 Posts
2014 Evo MR - 15,900 miles. Not a misprint. Second owner of car. First owner babied it and took excellent care of the car. Verified mileage with dealer service records. Bone stock other than new radio I put in.
Get a downpipe and i bet you will love the sound. Always swap it when you need to do emissions. I have Cobb full setup. 85K. 2011 MR. That and Girodiscs all around. Much better then Brembos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
at approximately 97k miles, no major fix. It did have a bad tranny but got warranty covered from it. So tranny 38k. Other than just basic pads and rotor fix. Did all fluids and may need another service soon. Running strong like a champ!.

·
Registered
19 Posts
111k and daily driven. Full bolt-ons for most of it. Swapped the clutch around 95k just to make sure it wouldn't go out during a track day.

The only unplanned cost was when I blew the stock turbo around 85k but that was my fault and not the cars. Replaced it with an MHI 18k and still no real issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Evo x with 110k and daily driven until winter then I drive my truck. Only major expense so far was the AC going out.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
2010 GSR (OG owner) with 86K miles. No major repairs. Stock clutch/engine.

Minor issues since purchase: slave master cyl (recall/replaced), battery (twice), tail light bulb, cracked exh mani (swapped with MAP cast), and finally, the S-AWC system just went out as soon as I moved to a snow state (I’ll fix it someday).

Keeping up with maintenance has been key. (y)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
this is my 3rd evo x. i have 25k kms, manual swapped, built engine AMS turbo kit

·
Registered
5 Posts
2010 gsr DD since 29000 miles. I have almost 130,000 miles on it. Did standard recalls, master cylinder, timing chain. Got flex fuel 2 years ago. Had to take it to stealership to get MAF recalibrated last year. Thats about it. Still stock clutch.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2011 EvoX MR. Octane Blue. 6,200 miles (no misprint). Only mod is Buschur Bullet Cat Back. Never visited dealer, do my own oil changes, etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 MR SSL in Phantom Black found at a Japanese auction (I am the second owner) at 51K kms. Currently at 56K.

Came with sick Ohlins coilivers, HKS turboback exhaust, and ENKEI rims.

Previous owner lived that car, hoping to keep it in the same condition if not better 💪🏾 (Would love to connect with him/her one day)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts