Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to those that answered my questions in the other thread. Got a white 2012 GSR white, Nav as the only option. I wanted the one with the Rockford stereo and HID lights but the one they had, had chrome mirrors and they stood out like a sore thumb. But the Nav is cool and I guess I can upgrade lights later on. Right now I have a little buyers remorse going on but I'll get over it. Trading a Range Rover in on it was kind if TOUGH but I think long run it was a good decision. Rover was probably getting close to the mileage where it was going to start costing me some cash. Payment didn't go down as the Rover was upside down so that was a bummer. That was the reason I first started to look at the Evo. But I was already past the point of no return when I found out the new payment and had to justify the purchase other ways ie warranty and gas mileage. YES, the Evo gets better gas mileage that my 12mpg rover did. Although I have never been one to make decisions based on MPG I had to justify the purchase to myself someway. LOL

Thanks again everybody for responding to my questions. Give me a few months to recoup my down payment and I'm sure I will be back here asking modding questions. First mod it to powder coat the wheels black and lower it. WAYYYYY too much space between the tires and fenders.

Thanks again

·
Registered
109 Posts
Congrats man. Like everyone else said, throw up some pics when you can.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is a pic. At the dealer next to the car I traded in. I feel like I gave away my child. Lol. Couldn't look at her when I left.

New Evo by Uscbryan, on Flickr

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To get the HID is it a bulb replacement or the whole housing? And how do you black it out? I'm going to have to get used to turning my light on and off. It's been 5 or more years since I had a car that didn't automatically turn the lights on for me. I'm sure I'm going to be "that guy" driving with my lights off once or twice this next month.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Here is a pic. At the dealer next to the car I traded in. I feel like I gave away my child. Lol. Couldn't look at her when I left.

New Evo by Uscbryan, on Flickr
-+

You'll feel like that whenever (if you ever do) you sell the evo. I felt like that when I sold my GSX. I felt like I was giving my 10 year old up for adoption, and watched as the new parents took her away..forever. Very sad. :wallbash:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I always feel that way. I have some unnatural bonding with cars. Like they know I'm giving them away. My fiancé trades her car in almost yearly and she doesn't shed a tear. She thinks I'm strange that I come close to getting tears in my eyes when I get rid of a car. Maybe I am strange.

·
Premium Member
21,476 Posts
Blacked out means painting the inside of the headlight housing. Tinting the headlight means tinting the clear lens without opening them.

You can DIY or send it off to someone if you're not comfortable with it, assuming you like the look in the first place - some don't. :)

The conversion to HID is $$. I don't think we have any vendors that do non-SSS->SSS conversions unfortunately. You can DIY but it's a decent amount of work.

·
Registered
566 Posts
To get the HID is it a bulb replacement or the whole housing? And how do you black it out? I'm going to have to get used to turning my light on and off. It's been 5 or more years since I had a car that didn't automatically turn the lights on for me. I'm sure I'm going to be "that guy" driving with my lights off once or twice this next month.
You can get an aftermarket HID kit, but xenon bulbs don't belong in halogen housings. If you want HID's you should get a whole new housing.

Congrats. BTW blacked out means tint the headlights.
Blacked out means you take apart the headlight and paint the inner chrome black. Tinted means that you tint the clear lens.

^^^ EDIT: Beat me to it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Congrats, I knew you'd get one. :rock:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.