Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its dirty but still sexy as hell. I did my first mod and did the tint and clear bra. Here are some pics.

And just a word to you MR guys the new car manuel goes over the transmition over heating warning light. It states that if it is run for to long in the s-sport mode at the track or off this will come on due to over heated transmition fluid.Just some food for thought. Looks to me like they never got around to fixing the over heating problem they just put in a warning light. If anyone wants more pics just ask and let me know what you want pics of.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Beautiful. Didn't get the sss package I'm guessing because of the spoiler that you have, but it looks great. I'm picking mine up in about a week when they hit east coast shores. Congrats!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice ride, I actually like the smaller spoiler on this car. I wish they would split up the package so that you can get HID's. I noticed that you got it at Skyline, is this Skyline on 104th? If you don't mind, how much did you get it for? MSRP?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice ride, I actually like the smaller spoiler on this car. I wish they would split up the package so that you can get HID's. I noticed that you got it at Skyline, is this Skyline on 104th? If you don't mind, how much did you get it for? MSRP?
Lets just say I got a great deal they only did the price they did as long as I wont tell anyone what I payed.I am not a big fan of the big spoiler.

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMO Red is the best color for the X only if you are planning to drop it, get new rims, and maybe put some extra stuff. white is the best color striaght out the dealership only if you plan on keeping the car stock....

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
congrats man thanks for the info on the mr i relly hope they do work out something on it though. not ignore it like they did with the crankwalk on the eclipse back then.wonder if a cooler for it would work or do some good to it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats Man! My girl will be getting one as soon as they hit the streets of Houston!:thumbup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
EVOXCO

Quote "And just a word to you MR guys the new car manuel goes over the transmition over heating warning light. It states that if it is run for to long in the s-sport mode at the track or off this will come on due to over heated transmition fluid.Just some food for thought. Looks to me like they never got around to fixing the over heating problem they just put in a warning light.

Enjoy your new ride

Thanks for the heads up , some Australian journalists drove the MR evo TC SST IN the winter in Japan and mentioned that the transmission was overheating and short shifting :wtfsign:so i can imagine what it would do in our hot Australian summers .:(

I am certainly not going to put my hand up for a transmission that has these problems .

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
13,446 Posts
its dirty but still sexy as hell. I did my first mod and did the tint and clear bra. Here are some pics.

And just a word to you MR guys the new car manuel goes over the transmition over heating warning light. It states that if it is run for to long in the s-sport mode at the track or off this will come on due to over heated transmition fluid.Just some food for thought. Looks to me like they never got around to fixing the over heating problem they just put in a warning light. If anyone wants more pics just ask and let me know what you want pics of.
if only that they colored that wheels like graphite grey same in evo 9 mr... the rest is awesome.

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
congrats man thanks for the info on the mr i relly hope they do work out something on it though. not ignore it like they did with the crankwalk on the eclipse back then.wonder if a cooler for it would work or do some good to it.
If mitsu doesn't do it themselves on the '09 Evo X, I'm sure aftermarket companies will make trans coolers. If I was going for an MR, I'd get one for sure.

·
Registered
329 Posts
wtf, boo @ mitsu for taking the easy way out.

but i am still keeping hope that mitsu has somehow fixed the overheating issue and that the overheating warning only comes on from only the severest of beatings.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If mitsu doesn't do it themselves on the '09 Evo X, I'm sure aftermarket companies will make trans coolers. If I was going for an MR, I'd get one for sure.
You are 100 percent correct but why should you have to spend more money on a transmission cooler and loose your warranty , when the manufacturer should have done the proper job in the first place .

Cheers
Michael

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
congrats!

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
You are 100 percent correct but why should you have to spend more money on a transmission cooler and loose your warranty , when the manufacturer should have done the proper job in the first place .

Cheers
Michael
Valid point, but I hope mitsu is smart enough to not void warranties when someone adds a cooler.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.