MN 132370 I think It's the outer seal
I need the inner
I looked it up online and that part number and is for evo 8
Will this seal fit my X
PLEASE HELP !!

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Honestly, if the part number matched, it'll probably work. I can't guarantee it, but I wouldn't be shocked if they used a same part number from the 8/9s.

Have you tried a dealer? They have a nice drill down system to find part numbers.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i did ,thats where i got the part number from the first pic with 32268 part #
the dealer asked me for the vin and they came out with MN132370 outer
thats the only one it displayed at the dealer
lookin into evom i found this other part # MR581855 inner for an evo 8
has anyone replaced this seal before
plz helpppp!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Probably going to be tough to find anyone who has actually swapped a seal like that. I'd call Shep Transmission; they might know. I know the entire service on the differential is "only" 350$, which includes seal replacement/upgrades/checking, so I'm sure they have a list of part numbers somewhere.

·
Registered
384 Posts
a lot of the seals used in the motor and drivetrain are shared with all generations of evos.

trust me i've been there. it's hard to find a part number for these things on the X and dealership are always uncertain but they are the same parts most of the time.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump!!
I special ordered inner& outter for evo 8&9 hopfully it works
Anyones else have the same issue?

·
Registered
27 Posts
it will def not work. i am currentlty going through this. I had the same seals as you, dropped the transfer case and not even close to fitting. The one on the X is alot bigger and is a fancy double seal. mitsu cant find it as it has no part number and they say it cannot be ordered and can only get it with a new transfer case. Theres a number on the seal and its made by NOK seals. so im going to call them and maybe shep trans and see if they have one. Also why are you trying to replace this seal?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had the same problem and I think one of the.seals the dealer gave me was the transfer case inner seal. But it ended up being the input shaft seal. Are u positive its the t case and not the input shaft seal?

·
Registered
27 Posts
the seal with the arrow in picture two is not avalible and when it goes bad it lets trans fluid into the transfer case. What seal did they give you? part number?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lmk if u find a seal Darkstang
Dealer gave my this part # Mn132370 outer
MR581855 inner I found in forum
& MD727944 was given to my by my tuner @ Mdr
How much is the tcase cost ?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im not doing the work its at the shop , i email sheptrans & he said this

The part #Mn132370 they gave you will work on the right hand side. We have not found
a source for the one on the left hand side but we have not had a seal that
has been bad yet. We are extremely careful removing and installing it with a
special tool we have made.

then i found this on the web from 12/2009
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2009/12/2008-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-gsr-swapping-spit.html

im running out of options:wtfsign:

·
Registered
27 Posts
If your getting ATF in there then thats an internal problem. If your getting trans fluid in there than you need the seal. U need to find out what kind of leak you have first. I called everyone I can think of and no one can get this seal. Nok the maker of the seal doesn't have a USA office so I will email china an see if I get a response (doubt it). I'm just gonna put the tcase back in and bring it in for warantee : ( I have the nok seal part number if you want to pursue it further

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
im not doing the work its at the shop , i email sheptrans & he said this

The part #Mn132370 they gave you will work on the right hand side. We have not found
a source for the one on the left hand side but we have not had a seal that
has been bad yet. We are extremely careful removing and installing it with a
special tool we have made.

then i found this on the web from 12/2009
http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2009/12/2008-mitsubishi-lancer-evolution-gsr-swapping-spit.html

im running out of options:wtfsign:

So shep will build the unit and NOT replace a seal? There has got to be an equivalent seal that will work.

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Interesting. As they mentioned, they've not seen any go bad.

Some parts the OEM just doesn't offer. This is one of them, I guess.

Realistically, you can get one-off seals made, but it'd require a shop to actually take the initiative, the required measurements, etc, and get one produced. I work at a manufacturing firm, and we have contacts to make seals for one-off products, but it's obviously a different environment.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i called shep trans and they said they have no way to get the seal and when they rebuild they dont replace the seal. Its not a normal seal. it has two of the metal spiral rings to keep fluid in the trans and in the tcase. its pretty fancy. i just called http://www.nokseals.net/ and talked to sharon and shes gonna email NOK and see if this seal is obtainable. Keep my fingers crossed

1 - 20 of 41 Posts