Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking into getting a downpipe to complete my turboback exhaust, i currently have the dual cnt catbacks, ets test pipe and im looking into buying the cobb downpipe. i just need to know if the cobb downpipe will fit to the ets testpipe. Please reply asap i want to order very soon. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
While others will likely say the same thing, most of the gains you'll see are from the 02 Housing. You're better off waiting it out and saving some more then buying a more complete DP for the best results. The only time I'd say otherwise is if down the line you plan on doing a turbo kit that exchanges the downpipe etc anyways.

That said if budget constraints dont allow it no matter what, it will definitely provide results over none !

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah ive heard people tell me that before. im not looking for huge gains and im dont plan in swapping turbos. just lookin to complete my full turboback to go along wit my intake and get a tune and call it a day. for now.... lol. thanks man

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
You won't make ANY gains without an o2 housing swap from what I've seen. This is old news. Save your money :(

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Don't go cheap on a down pipe. The install is more expensive for an O2 housing one. IMO, don't bother until you can get a good one. Save your money, so long as you have a test pipe you're in good shape. If you don't have a 3 port, get one. Thats upwards of 20-30whp there for 100.00. It's easy/cheap to install too, and is way more power than a o2DP.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It would, but you also risk it cracking under heavy heat situations (I've read threads on this for the Rexspeed). Get a 3 port instead, it's better in every single way than a o2DP. More spool with it, more power, less money, less installation cost / effort.

·
Registered
516 Posts
you should tune a car with downpipe, tp, exhaust, and intake anyway.

·
Premium Member
5,995 Posts
You will need a tune for a 3-port, do not install it without one.

For the downpipe, save up and get an ETS, AMS, Tomei or MAP (not in any particular order of importance) All are great choices depending on what you need. PM me if you need any help at all :)

·
aka MitsuEvoX
1,000 Posts
Also, Depo Racing has a wide mouth down pipe. It isn't as pricey as the big brands. and our downpipes don't actually have an o2 sensor. lol.

with basic bolt ons and tune, you shouldn't have any problems with the stock clutch. The stock one does suck, but it should be fine.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Welcome to Evo. Enjoy. $ starts flowing. Either you go cheap and break or for expensive and spend the loot and as for your clutch.. Man up if you want more power and buy a better clutch. Why wouldn't you? Support the power. And you not going to see gains with the Cobb pipe... Especially on stock turbo...especially without tune. Save and do it right

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.