Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· [Team IEG VP]
10,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just was looking for some basic info/guidlines with regards to the oem tires.

I was planning on leaving the oem tires on until next winter and buying some new rims and throwing some winter tires on to use for winter. Does this sound logical to you?

I've heard the tires only last 10-15k miles. Do you guys know how much it would cost to replace them? would you replace them with the same tires?

Just any advice you could give about the tires or recomendations would be apreciated.

· Administrator
24,306 Posts
@ddawg - yes, that plan makes the most sense. However, I'm betting you'll get more than 15K out of the stock tires.

Anyway, the last new tire I put on my mazda was the Eagle F1 GS-D3. Grips pretty well, and occasionally you can get them on sale for a good price.

· Registered
786 Posts

· Registered
324 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't go OEM tires again. I highly doubt you'll get 15k miles on them. Probably closer to half that depending on how you drive. OEM tires on tirerack.com are 306 a piece. If you still wanted ultra high performance tires you can get ones for 240 250 that are just as good. As for me I'm probably going all seasons once these wear out and I heard a lot of good things about Kuhmo Ecstas as well.

· Registered
13,497 Posts
I just was looking for some basic info/guidlines with regards to the oem tires.

I was planning on leaving the oem tires on until next winter and buying some new rims and throwing some winter tires on to use for winter. Does this sound logical to you?

I've heard the tires only last 10-15k miles. Do you guys know how much it would cost to replace them? would you replace them with the same tires?

Just any advice you could give about the tires or recomendations would be apreciated.

check the tirerack...

· Registered
566 Posts
What I would recommend noted as advice in SportsCar Magazine Use a quarter instead of a penny to measure tread depth if your close to or can see the top of washingtons head then its getting close to replacement. Basically using the quarter will give you a little more warning and time before the lack of tread depth becomes dangerous or you get a racing slick depending on how you see the side of things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.