Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is really freaking annoying to see the SES light all the time .. specially at night ..

Well im getting the code P2096 and P0140 ..

i 1st had the P2096 after we install my exhaust with a testpipe .. at 1st we didnt have a cel fix .. so we left the o2 sensor directly to the exhaust mainstream..

after a week or so .. we finally had the chance of putting the cel fix .. bt it didnt help us somewhat getting reed of the codes ..

at 1st .. ah thats fine .. its probably coz im using a testpipe .. now after 3 weeks or 4 .. the ses comes on go .. sometimes it goes away 4 a day or 2 and it comes back ..

bt now .. when it goes it comes back a few hours later ..that allerted me .. i went to autozone to get the codes and i got a new code ..
the P0140 ..like what the heck ? what happend ..what did i do ?..

i know what codes mean.. and i dont find anything in site that might be causing this ...

WHAT i NEED is HELP getting reed of this / fixing it ..

PLEASE pople helllllllllpppp me .. lol ...

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Calm down...

You take out the cat, you get codes. It's nothing to worry about.

If you want to remove the codes, there are some things that you can do. What's your tuning solution?

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Lol^ Wow man take some xnanax. Yeah there was around a lot of that shit man.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^

my plan right now .. what i think would help..
is get a pro tune ..maybe ask them disable the 02 sensor ?

bt before any of that .. i atleast need to get a good set of parts.. pro tune is useless if im nt putting any good set of mods ..

i certainly dont have the money to buy cobb ap ..

pls .. help .. keep the ideas comming ..

thanks

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You will notice a nice increase with a off the shelf tune and the parts you have.

But you don't have any options unless you get some tuning software.

If you go with ecuflash, that would be the cheapest option.

·
Rejected Merchant Applicant
324 Posts
^^

my plan right now .. what i think would help..

bt before any of that .. i atleast need to get a good set of parts.. pro tune is useless if im nt putting any good set of mods ..

i certainly dont have the money to buy cobb ap ..

pls .. help .. keep the ideas comming ..

thanks
I offer E-Flash tuning for a cheaper solution, shoot me a p.m and I will give you the details needed to get the process started..

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
^^^Rejected Merchant Applicant^^^

Remeber that.

·
Doesn't live on Mercury
924 Posts
pro tune can't get rid of the P0140 -- yet.

I'm pissed about it to. I had the damn o2 sensor pulled from my car 100% with ECUFlash and Cobb swore up and down that they could get it to work... guess what. They can't yet.

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
pro tune can't get rid of the P0140 -- yet.

I'm pissed about it to. I had the damn o2 sensor pulled from my car 100% with ECUFlash and Cobb swore up and down that they could get it to work... guess what. They can't yet.
That's an important fact to keep in mind; both are O2 sensor related, but only one can be turned off.

You can always do black electrical tape too, to cover it up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's an important fact to keep in mind; both are O2 sensor related, but only one can be turned off.

You can always do black electrical tape too, to cover it up.

to cover what ?? i need to cover something??

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
Yeah, black tape to cover the light itself.

My grandfather did that for years with his Cadillac; the light came on to warn of the electric shocks needing replaced, or something like that; dealer wanted, literally, like 5k to replace it. Couldn't turn off light; in went the tape!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you can't deal with the light and can't afford to get a tune, why not put your stock exhaust back on for a little while?

Seems like this is causing you more aggravation then the benefit of the exhaust.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
keep the ideas coming ...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
If you can't deal with the light and can't afford to get a tune, why not put your stock exhaust back on for a little while?

Seems like this is causing you more aggravation then the benefit of the exhaust.

i wast thinking of doing that.. not sure yet ..

bt what i really wanna do is fix the problem and keep the exhaust .. its just a big hussle .. take it off put it back on..

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
^^
Do not disable the rear O2 within the ECU without removing it, disabling it also disables the heater. You will damage it and you really don't want to buy another one...

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
i wast thinking of doing that.. not sure yet ..
I used to get that code all of the time. What got rid of mine for good was I read then reset the codes from both the current and pending codes area with my Autel MS300.

Pending codes will be periodically rechecked by the ECU from time to time i.e., the light goes out after about 4 restarts until it is checked again, I believe the P0140 will be rechecked when you maintain a constain speed/load on the car then it rechecks the rear O2.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I used to get that code all of the time. What got rid of mine for good was I read then reset the codes from both the current and pending codes area with my Autel MS300.

Pending codes will be periodically rechecked by the ECU from time to time i.e., the light goes out after about 4 restarts until it is checked again, I believe the P0140 will be rechecked when you maintain a constain speed/load on the car then it rechecks the rear O2.

what does this equipment really do .. besides reading codes ?
so this can get rid of the codes for u permanently? .. eventually taking of the ses ?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
what does this equipment really do .. besides reading codes ?
so this can get rid of the codes for u permanently? .. eventually taking of the ses ?
It just resets both the visible and stored codes within memory, nothing more. Some codes that are emissions related are saved without a visible warning which can cause you to fail an inspection. This device, along with many others like it, just resets the codes and also has an audit mode to see if you would pass inspection. No black magic, I just noticed after actually using it all of my rear O2 SES's went away for good. I do have the SX built in antifouler and have not modified it in any way since installing it. Again, this could just be one of those times I got lucky, but seems to work fine for me.

·
Registered
623 Posts
can anyone confirm 100% that the P0140 O2 code that throws the SES light have absolutely no effect on the engine/performance. The SES light comes on but does it make any changes to anything?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts