Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So id like to say sorry for posts i made about requiring a tune for certain mods. On my old set up i had...

AMS Widemouth DP
T1R Resinated Test Pipe
K&N Drop in Filter
Wastegate mod

Ran perfectly fine at the track and spiked around 22psi and taperd down to 18psi. I recently just installed a AMS SRI, UICP, LICP w/ TiAL QR bov and ETS 4" IC. I went WOT today and got a nice jolt and a engine pop up. Checked the code (P0112) and thought it was a blown maf sensor...at least thats what im reading. Pulled it out, it looked fine, cleaned it. Did a WOT pull but decided to keep on eye on my gauges. Car felt fine during the whole rpm range until i spiked at 30psi, which caused the car to jolt and the engine light to come on again. So i guess im just abit over boosting...lol.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's scary when this happens. You get thrown forward in your seat, hear a loud bang, and the SAYC lights common and says it need to be repaired. I just pulled in to a parking lot turned the car off then restarted her and everything was fine. Just had to install the LWG tune to correct the overbosting issue.

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's because you need to scale your maf. The new intake has a bigger maf housing. I have an AQ intake (basically same as AMS's), UICP, test pipe, catback, and 4" fmic, with no problems. The only thing I've needed to tune was after the intake, and that was just scaling the maf (which was pretty easy). Not that you can't gain power from a tune though. Actually I just installed my wideband today so I can install my 3-port and start tuning this weekend.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Besides getting the CAI attachment sorted out, the 3 port is the last "power mod" i have left to install, besides the turbo and injectors.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Try not to explode your car before we start tuning...

Seriously that intake leans the car out by 10% if not more. I would not advise WOT.

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
You're hitting fuel cut...

Boosting 30 psi is gonna pop a CEL.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i still have yet to install my aem fpr. Also i orderd in the bolts that snapped at the dp-o2 housing during the ams dp install, at the same time i orderd a new fuel relay.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.