Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a Seibon carbon fiber hood, which i purchased with the car back in august. yesterday was the first time my car has seen snow (since I've owned it at least) and of course when it snows, the snow piles up onto of the hood. when i drive, the heat of the engine melts the snow and it leaks in through the hood vents, then when i park it for the night it freezes and i have ice built up inside my car. mainly what worries me is that ice builds up in my synapse BOV.

so i guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else who has a daily driven evo has had a problem like this, and if so what did you do about it? i google searched for cover for the vents, but could not find any, and i do not have the stock hood that the car origionaly came with. I'm almost thinking of custom making some kind of custom cover to block off those hood vents.

any ideas????

·
Registered
43 Posts
We had to do this for my buddys K20, we fashioned kind of a shield out of a large can bottom, and affixed it with zip ties and a band clamp. A large aluminum can basically. Should hold him over till winter is over. He has a super ricer hood with a giant vent in the middle.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We had to do this for my buddys K20, we fashioned kind of a shield out of a large can bottom, and affixed it with zip ties and a band clamp. A large aluminum can basically. Should hold him over till winter is over. He has a super ricer hood with a giant vent in the middle.
that sounds like a good idea. i was almost thinking about taking out the hood vent (the two long skinny ones) and wrapping it in like a blue tarp, then re-install them. it would look stupid but it would kinda work

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
so i have a Seibon carbon fiber hood, which i purchased with the car back in august. yesterday was the first time my car has seen snow (since I've owned it at least) and of course when it snows, the snow piles up onto of the hood. when i drive, the heat of the engine melts the snow and it leaks in through the hood vents, then when i park it for the night it freezes and i have ice built up inside my car. mainly what worries me is that ice builds up in my synapse BOV.

so i guess what I'm wondering is if anyone else who has a daily driven evo has had a problem like this, and if so what did you do about it? i google searched for cover for the vents, but could not find any, and i do not have the stock hood that the car origionaly came with. I'm almost thinking of custom making some kind of custom cover to block off those hood vents.

any ideas????
Get a lancer hood cheap for the winter, switch it to our hoods when on the track / summer.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You should have stock vents from your old hood, use those(the bottom piece that blocks it). Should help.
i do not have the old vents, only the ones that I'm assuming came with the carbon fiber hood when the prevues owner purchased it. the do not offer any protection against water leaking in.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
You are supposed to put ice in or around the intercooler...your doing it wrong!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts