Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when entering the on ramp the service engine soon light came on. When I got off the freeway and came to a stop I put it in N and the RPMs stuck at 2k.

Is there anyway to check the codes without an AP? My last car I could turn the key 3 times and it would show codes. I just got to work and haven't had a chance to pop the hood.

08 GSR, 24.6k miles, bone stock except for back side of airbox taken off, with a KN cone.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
were you running your ac. do you have a block plate for the cone it can also be your fuel pump relay switch it with another relay and see what that does.

·
aka unit5637
392 Posts
This morning when entering the on ramp the service engine soon light came on. When I got off the freeway and came to a stop I put it in N and the RPMs stuck at 2k.

Is there anyway to check the codes without an AP? My last car I could turn the key 3 times and it would show codes. I just got to work and haven't had a chance to pop the hood.

08 GSR, 24.6k miles, bone stock except for back side of airbox taken off, with a KN cone.
Does it reset to normal idle when you turn off and restart?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wasn't running AC, Haven't had a chance to turn it back on. I've had the cone on it for about 2k miles, would it take that long to pull a code?

I will reset the ECU in a few minutes then start it up again on my break.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I started it up and it was fine but the SES light was still on. Turned off and disconnected battery for a couple minutes and the light was off.

Will a tune with the Cobb AP prevent this from happening?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Take it to autozone, I believe they will pull the code for you.

EDIT: Nevermind. Why would you reset the ECU before you knew what the problem was?

I'll have them check the code if it happens again. I need the car drivable since I'm at work and it seems like it was just the MAF so a reset was the best choice right now.

EDIT: Cant have them check it anyways, California law doesn't allow it.

·
[Team IEG VP]
10,071 Posts
can still drive with the light on, unless it bothers you.

but as nobody has answered your question, yes you can read codes with the AP. you might have to look up more info about what the code actually is, but you can read them.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
can still drive with the light on, unless it bothers you.

but as nobody has answered your question, yes you can read codes with the AP. you might have to look up more info about what the code actually is, but you can read them.
Thanks. I think the next best option for me is to just get a Cobb AP, not only to read codes but to start tuning as well.

From all the research I've done it sounds like the stock tune is complete garbage.

·
aka SilverEvoX
229 Posts
If it is still idling at 2k rpm check the fuel pressure regulator hose..it probably popped off, if so just zip tie it back on and you're good to go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts