Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have heard the rumors (I heard them on evolutionm.net) that the Evo may get released at 40 grand. I was wondering if it does how many people still plan on buying? As for myself I think I would be heart broken but end up getting a G37. For the record I don't think the rumors are true but that doesn't mean it can't happen...

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
In Canada $40K is not out of line when compared with what the STI has sold for recently (somewhere around $45K I believe). However, if you are talking in the US, I would say it is way too high, and that some dealer is just massaging you with higher numbers to make you 'happy' when he tries to sell you at (or more than) MSRP but less than $40K. Today I would also say that for Canada $40K is way too high.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
40k US probably translates to around 50k CND. Which is ok since we take it up the butt for other new cars anyways.

40k us is way too expensive. I will rather spend a bit more and get a bimmer.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought the new Z was 400Z. I know of a dealer here in North California thats marks up evo 3-4 grand but other than that I haven't personally experienced anything about prices and the X. I just wanted to get everyones thoughts on the "rumored" price and what they would do IF it happened. I don't think Mitsu is that self destructive.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I really hope cnd dealership will sell the car to me at MSRP, but that is very doubtful thinking, sigh.
No, they will sell at MSRP, just start calling around once they land. What I am worried about is what will the MSRP be set at, and will it be much higher than the US MSRP?

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
No, they will sell at MSRP, just start calling around once they land. What I am worried about is what will the MSRP be set at, and will it be much higher than the US MSRP?
I am not too worried about the MSRP part to be honest. I guess we can use the lancer as a comparison to how much the evo x will cost? I hope they will price it competitively against the STi, we all know subaru dry rapes us canucks. 50 fawkin' thousand for a STi...ohh mann...

I am hoping full load evo x will hover around 45k

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
some of the dealerships around here charge a 5k restocking fee for the evo.when i originally bought an 06 eclipse gt the evo's there were 5k over msrp.i went to evry possible mitsu dealer here and all were like that.i quoted one and it was 43k roughly i was like damn for an evo 8 and 9.i dont think i would buy if the msrp is that high.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
some of the dealerships around here charge a 5k restocking fee for the evo.when i originally bought an 06 eclipse gt the evo's there were 5k over msrp.i went to evry possible mitsu dealer here and all were like that.i quoted one and it was 43k roughly i was like damn for an evo 8 and 9.i dont think i would buy if the msrp is that high.
Lets hopes mitsubishi makes enough the first year to meet your demands! or massivee mark ups!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.