Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
aka Evolve2GSR
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have full bolt ons and now in the process of pistons, rods, headstuds, rod bolts, clutch/flywheel, fp black turbo, double pump fuel pump, and getting tuned for E85. I have a COBB AP so I'll have a map for 91 pump also. I just need some suggestions for what size injectors to run. Also any brand suggestions and personal experience with them, if any. I don't track or drag my car; just love spirited driving and new parts :) Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
FIC2000 would be good and enaugh for it.

Definitely won't need anything that big but nothing less than 1300's. IIRC, Holly was running 1300's on his stroked 2.3 Black build but I think he was also maxin them out. They should be good enough for any stock frame turbo.

·
Registered
8,999 Posts
1300's were Max'd on my stroker set up but 1600's would be perfect if anyone had some now. Deatschwerks may be coming out with a set that could fit this area.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Run the ID2000/FIC2150's. If you are scared of tuning something that large, you can always throw a good adjustable regulator on it and drop the base fuel pressure down.

e.g. Dropping an injector rated at 2000cc/min at 43.5psi base to a base of 30psi, that injector would then flow ~1660cc/min.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
As has been laid out, you have few choices. But the 2000s are too big if you plan to try and run it on 91 oct. You won't be able to idle without running it open loop all the time.
I'd call DW and see if they have a set of 1300 freaks that flow 1400. That'll give you enough headroom, and you can up the pressure to create a little more if you ever need it.

·
aka Evolve2GSR
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going to go with the ID2000's. Do I want the "pigtails" or the "clips and pins?"

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
I'm on the FIC 2150's. We're having problems dialing in the idle. I'll probably end up idling at 1000~ rpms to achieve closed loop idle. And still, that may not be possible. As already stated, the 1600 range is ideal, but there are a few issues with that size range right now. I chose to go bigger instead of smaller, hence the ongoing tuning issues.

·
Registered
351 Posts
So put an adjustable regulator on your car and drop the base fp. There is no gap except for those that want an injector with the numbers 1600 on them.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
^ that works if you want to run only pump on it. But the issue comes when you want to run pump and e85. Then you'd need to change the FP along with the map, and that's annoying.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
^ that works if you want to run only pump on it. But the issue comes when you want to run pump and e85. Then you'd need to change the FP along with the map, and that's annoying.
I've been told I'm flowing way more fuel than is needed for higher boost on E85. I used Scheides setup.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
it could work, i wonder what pressure you'd need to run to make the injectors flow like 1450-1500 cc. That should idle just fine on pump, and flow enough e85 for a black without issue

the other benefit of this would be that a single pump would flow so much at a low pressure that you wouldn't need a dual setup. One 044 running @60psi peak (30psi base) would flow like crazy. Ditto any of the 255 variants

·
Registered
351 Posts
Why would you need to change the fuel pressure for e85? An fp black on e85 will not outrun 1600cc injectors.

If you want to know what fuel pressure it would take to run ID2000's that are rated at 2225cc/min @ 43.5psi, it is a simple calculation to find what pressure is needed for 1500cc/min.

~20psi. Although dropping base to 30psi which is equivalent to around 1850cc should be enough of a drop to make your idle work on pump. And yes, your fuel pumps will support more horsepower because of the drop in pressure.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am on the same boat still do not know for sure what injectors i wanna get!!! So far i leaning toward the DW 1300cc but it will be more perfect something around 1600cc the only ones that i have heard are the FIC 1680 but ppl are having problem with them and the other ones are the 1600cc ID. I am planning on running dual map cause my car is my DD so during winter i will switch to 91oct.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
it could work, i wonder what pressure you'd need to run to make the injectors flow like 1450-1500 cc. That should idle just fine on pump, and flow enough e85 for a black without issue

the other benefit of this would be that a single pump would flow so much at a low pressure that you wouldn't need a dual setup. One 044 running @60psi peak (30psi base) would flow like crazy. Ditto any of the 255 variants

Yeah.. The MAP-AEM regulator kit is going in today, along with the fuel tank mod. We had too much flow/psi at idle on stock regulator. At least this kit has a gauge, which should help us dial it a little faster. We shall see. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a ball of Hotdog's.. err crap.

·
Registered
3,378 Posts
fic 1680 and ID 1600 are the same injector, the ID are already discontinued, the FIC will soon join them.
The 2000 size is good depending how big you want to go. dw 1300s with raised pressure will work too if a black is as big as you'll go.

depends on the rest of your fuel system too, can you flow enough at high pressure for the dw, or do you want lower pressure for the 2000s...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts