Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after my haitus, I'm back. I still have my 08 GSR with the same mods as before + a tune. The car hasn't had anything done to it, and I've grown my family by two, a son and daughter with my Evo as the family-mobile.

Hoping to become a regular on the site again. Also sold the American racing rims for 600 w/o rubber on them and am now rocking 255/35/R18 BFGoodrich KDW2's for the rainy weather and they do a decent job of keeping the car planted with the slightly wider foot. Hopefully I can bring my small technical aptitude and help others with it.

Oh, and I like the new dancing banana icon. :dancebanana:Thanks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran those tires on my WRX and fell in love, how do you like them on the Evo? I would go with stock size personally, since extra wheels aren't on my horizon right now.
Love them! I'm in Oregon so we get rain 3-5 days a week besides in the summer time. And as far as wheels are concerned, BFG's manufacturers spec chart says the 255 can be mated to an 8.5" rim and that was my deciding factor (and the cost difference was 4 dollars a tire from 245).

I haven't lost traction or pushed the limits too far. These tires haven't ever squeeled so I don't know if they'll give an audible warning before you go sideways.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey KT! Makin some nice looking shift boots there!

And I will have pics up when the wife gives me her camera!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Love them! I'm in Oregon so we get rain 3-5 days a week besides in the summer time. And as far as wheels are concerned, BFG's manufacturers spec chart says the 255 can be mated to an 8.5" rim and that was my deciding factor (and the cost difference was 4 dollars a tire from 245).

I haven't lost traction or pushed the limits too far. These tires haven't ever squeeled so I don't know if they'll give an audible warning before you go sideways.
They do. VERY predictable IMO. I knew exactly when they were about to go in the Subaru. Just keep pushing slowly until you get to that point....which is the point that the electronics should take over. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts