Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up everyone. I just joined these forums, I've been a member of EvolutionM since 2001 and I currently own an WW Evo IX GSR w/ SSL. I've been reading up on the X's for a few weeks now, getting caught up with everything. Winters kinda drag me away from the car hobby. Anyways I went to a dealership today and saw some in person. WOW!

The car looks a lot better in person. The seats were very comfortable and the car just looks great. I didn't get to test drive it, but I am very interested in trading my IX for a X MR. According to the dealer they are going to be available in Minnesota in March. I've heard a range of dates that these will be available now so we'll wait and see.

Hopefully in the next few months I'll be trading up for a X. See you around!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome!

I had to get away from the hater forums so I'm here. :) So frustrating trying to get people to understand when they are so set on editorial reviews and poor information. So many people had an opinion of this car before they have even seen one in person.

I love my IX but I think the X will suit me a lot better.

·
Administrator
24,215 Posts
Thanks for the welcome!

I had to get away from the hater forums so I'm here. :) So frustrating trying to get people to understand when they are so set on editorial reviews and poor information. So many people had an opinion of this car before they have even seen one in person.

I love my IX but I think the X will suit me a lot better.
I feel your pain.

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy!

·
Registered
160 Posts
yea, ive been with evom.net for awhile... alot of negetivity for the evo X, but the tuners are helping change that alot....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Heres a stupid question.

I guess I am a little confused about SST. As I understand it when in 'Normal' mode the car acts like an automatic and shifts for itself. Does the car also shift for itself in the 'Sport' and 'Super Sport' mode or are you 100% in charge of the gear changes in these modes?

As far as I've read the car will always shift for you once you reach a certain rpm point regardless of the driving mode. I guess I just want confirmation if this is true or not.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Heres a stupid question.

I guess I am a little confused about SST. As I understand it when in 'Normal' mode the car acts like an automatic and shifts for itself. Does the car also shift for itself in the 'Sport' and 'Super Sport' mode or are you 100% in charge of the gear changes in these modes?

As far as I've read the car will always shift for you once you reach a certain rpm point regardless of the driving mode. I guess I just want confirmation if this is true or not.
I actually drove the SST so I could probably answer your questions. Yes it does shift itself in all modes. Normal is just like a standard automatic transmission, Sport shifts at around 3500 rpm, and S Sport shifts at around 7000 rpm. I guess you can say that you are in charge until it hits the shifting RPM. Basically you can upshift if you want to or downshift if you want to at anytime. One thing it wont let you do is downshift to the point that your engine will be above 7500 RPM. So basically it wont let you miss shift into a lower gear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wanted to add the following; seems the TC-SST is really the best of both worlds:

There are apparently two modes: Automatic and Manual. Within either of these, the car can be on different shifting modes: Normal, Sport, and S Sport. The shift modes (as described by SiC) affect shifting performance/behaviour.

"In any of the three drive modes - Normal, Sport and S-Sport - the driver can select Manual operation, and the drive mode chosen affects shifting speed. Normal mode provides the smoothest shifting and is ideal for urban driving. Sport mode will quicken the shifts and is ideal for country or mountain road driving. The S-Sport mode executes the quickest shifts possible, making it ideal for competitive track events. Since the driver and passengers will feel shift shock in S-Sport mode, it is not advisable for everyday driving.
The driver selects Manual operation in two ways: (1) with the console shifter, by pulling it back past D and then leftward into the Manual slot. Then, pulling the shifter rearward ("+") selects and upshift and pushing it forward ("-") selects a downshift.
(2) If the driver selects D with the console shift (Automatic mode), pulling on either of the magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters at any time afterward will switch the transmission to Manual mode. The right side steering wheel paddle is for upshifts ("+") and left side for downshifts ("-"). In either case, when the TC-SST is in Manual mode, there are absolutely no automatic shift changes."

Source:
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2007111673183&mime=ASC

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wanted to add the following; seems the TC-SST is really the best of both worlds:

There are apparently two modes: Automatic and Manual. Within either of these, the car can be on different shifting modes: Normal, Sport, and S Sport. The shift modes (as described by SiC) affect shifting performance/behaviour.

"In any of the three drive modes - Normal, Sport and S-Sport - the driver can select Manual operation, and the drive mode chosen affects shifting speed. Normal mode provides the smoothest shifting and is ideal for urban driving. Sport mode will quicken the shifts and is ideal for country or mountain road driving. The S-Sport mode executes the quickest shifts possible, making it ideal for competitive track events. Since the driver and passengers will feel shift shock in S-Sport mode, it is not advisable for everyday driving.
The driver selects Manual operation in two ways: (1) with the console shifter, by pulling it back past D and then leftward into the Manual slot. Then, pulling the shifter rearward ("+") selects and upshift and pushing it forward ("-") selects a downshift.
(2) If the driver selects D with the console shift (Automatic mode), pulling on either of the magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters at any time afterward will switch the transmission to Manual mode. The right side steering wheel paddle is for upshifts ("+") and left side for downshifts ("-"). In either case, when the TC-SST is in Manual mode, there are absolutely no automatic shift changes."

Source:
http://media.mitsubishicars.com/detail?mid=MIT2007111673183&mime=ASC
Thank you much for that link! Thats exactly what I was hoping for with the MR. I want to be in a mode where I am 100% in control of the shifting.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I wish I could find a little more pricing info on the MR.

Right now I'm thinking I'll want the MR with Nav and the Aero Package. I have a feeling that this will be in the $45k range though. I wonder if you can just add the Aero package after the fact.
You can order the Aero package later on,It comes with the instruction on how to get it install.Mine was preinstalled coming off the truck, but in my glove compartment, there is the install instruction in plastic unopen, SOothat should save you 2k

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can order the Aero package later on,It comes with the instruction on how to get it install.Mine was preinstalled coming off the truck, but in my glove compartment, there is the install instruction in plastic unopen, SOothat should save you 2k
Awesome. I'm also hesitant to go with an Aero Package right away because who knows what other vendors will come out with in regards to Front/Rear Spoilers.

I'll admit that the Aero Package definitely gives a meaner look to the car.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Chuck your evo is soooooooo beautiful, im jealous.........i posted picks of my srt but the camra was crappy that day........IM GOING TO TAKE AWSOME PICTURES OF MY SRT4 LIKE THAT!!!!!!.........gotta boost my self esteem.:thumbup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.