Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is to all of us who for some reason or another, are unable to buy an Evo in the next six months. I'm truely obsessed and wanna buy one in the next year though. :rock: It sucks to see them land and i'm not quite ready. For those of you lucky Fks who beat us to it,:thumbup: fill us in on the Action/Adventure. You'll see me at the Autoshow comin here later this month, starring at the Evo Stand!!!!

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
So I'm assuming the other 581 members are ALL getting a new EVO?
Ur all full of dung!:D
no i'm waiting as well i have some things that i have to do before i can make a purchase.there's a house involved switching jobs and liquidating some debt.i would say in 3-5 months more wait for me.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Tax Return + Plus Job more closely tied to me degree once I graduate.

(Unfortunately for then they'll be so many nice cars out there I'll be like a kid in a damn candy store...Be my rock guys so that I do not faulter LOL

·
Registered
919 Posts
I know right when they hit the lots there their gonna up the price because they know the demand is high right now. So i'll probably wait till Summer time to get one.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like the Evo X MR as well - but paying an extra $10K because I'm Canadian is bull. I'll either wait until the bumper regulations are changed and import one from the USA or go with Audi or BMW and stay in Canada. Regardless, I won't be getting an EVO from a Canadian dealership.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yeah, me too. Though I can't wait to drive it, I have to accumulate more money to buy it full option (without chrome frames)

But hey, the more we wait, the more we'll enjoy it and love it when we already buy it. Waiting with patience will be rewarding

·
Registered
10,008 Posts
theres a lot for positive thinking.. if you really want it you can make it happen.

I bought mine without knowing how I was going to pay for it.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Yeah, me too. Though I can't wait to drive it, I have to accumulate more money to buy it full option (without chrome frames)

But hey, the more we wait, the more we'll enjoy it and love it when we already buy it. Waiting with patience will be rewarding
Definitely! If I go out and pull the trigger on the GSR, I know I will regret it once the MR is out. So I will have to wait until the MR comes out and compare it to the GSR.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I like the Evo X MR as well - but paying an extra $10K because I'm Canadian is bull. I'll either wait until the bumper regulations are changed and import one from the USA or go with Audi or BMW and stay in Canada. Regardless, I won't be getting an EVO from a Canadian dealership.
I can see were you're coming from. Unfortunately you do realize that they aren't the same car, and theres no nearly 10k in difference. First the base GSR down there (the U.S) you don't get a body kit spoiler or even heated mirrors. Secondly, even if they change the bumper restrictions your warranty is still voided when you bring it across the border. So either way in comparison with the other vehicles in its class its still the best value for money.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi bro, if you think paying 10k more is bull, the base GSR cost about US$95k in Sunny Singapore. The SST MR version is estimated to cost about more than US$100k.

This kinda sum isn't consider pocket change by my standard & I am holding on until all the rough edges & problems are sorted out. ALso, I am still financially stretched to pay for it. I may eventually get a 2nd handed or the next EVO (XI) in about 2 years time.

I would have got the MR the day it hit the showroom....if I can pay US price for the MR.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts