Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been on a flex fuel done for 2 years no without any issues. recently notice my car is going lean at WOT. below are the parts i have replaced and checked. Still have this issue and not sure where else to look. Also i have no check engine lights or any flashing check engine lights when going WOT.

New walbro 450. Not hardwire was never hardwired before. Im on the stock turbo.
new inline fuel filter
new hoses inside the pump housing
Checked that little fuel screen in the siphon and cleaned it.
replaced all relays with the MAP upgrade relays.
Cleaned ID 1000cc injectors. ( found out after 2 years they were still in great shape with only running E85 this whole time )

Car drives perfect unless I'm going WOT. I do not get any fuel cuts or anything like that. Car goes lean so lift off the throttle to prevent any damages. Anyone experience this before?
I checked my old logs and the only thing I can see and from some help of other is my Injector duty cycle has increased now from my old logs before this issue started happening.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Did you check the vacuum line to the FPR on both ends and for integrity? I'm guessing yes since you pulled the injectors. Short of hardwiring that 450 or you overboosting I can't think of anything right off that you haven't checked.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you check the vacuum line to the FPR on both ends and for integrity? I'm guessing yes since you pulled the injectors. Short of hardwiring that 450 or you overboosting I can't think of anything right off that you haven't checked.
you are correct i did l check the hose. No issues. Also replace all of my boost hoses as well. I'm over boosting maybe due to the colder weather but still do not know what can be causing this issue. maybe its just an adjustment that needs to be made in the tune. But odd the IDC has increased out of nowhere.

i doubt hard wiring the fuel pump will help at all. I can do it but i do not think that is the issue but i could be wrong.

·
Registered
2013 Evo X GSR
10 Posts
My car has been on a flex fuel done for 2 years no without any issues. recently notice my car is going lean at WOT. below are the parts i have replaced and checked. Still have this issue and not sure where else to look. Also i have no check engine lights or any flashing check engine lights when going WOT.

New walbro 450. Not hardwire was never hardwired before. Im on the stock turbo.
new inline fuel filter
new hoses inside the pump housing
Checked that little fuel screen in the siphon and cleaned it.
replaced all relays with the MAP upgrade relays.
Cleaned ID 1000cc injectors. ( found out after 2 years they were still in great shape with only running E85 this whole time )

Car drives perfect unless I'm going WOT. I do not get any fuel cuts or anything like that. Car goes lean so lift off the throttle to prevent any damages. Anyone experience this before?
I checked my old logs and the only thing I can see and from some help of other is my Injector duty cycle has increased now from my old logs before this issue started happening.
Have you checked your fuel pump strainer? Do you run E85 all the time? if so, it can be a culprit. One bad batch can dirty things up. I had the same issue you had 3 months ago. I even tried increasing my fuel in the ecu. I pulled my pump and saw that my strainer filter was dirty; replaced and pull backed on the fuel in the map and everything was back to normal.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked your fuel pump strainer? Do you run E85 all the time? if so, it can be a culprit. One bad batch can dirty things up. I had the same issue you had 3 months ago. I even tried increasing my fuel in the ecu. I pulled my pump and saw that my strainer filter was dirty; replaced and pull backed on the fuel in the map and everything was back to normal.
yes i did replace the fuel pump and strainer. Also replace my inline fuel filter. still the same issue. My tuner got back to me and made some adjustments which seemed to help but is not a bit lean and needs to be tuned out some more.

·
Registered
2013 Evo X GSR
10 Posts
yes i did replace the fuel pump and strainer. Also replace my inline fuel filter. still the same issue. My tuner got back to me and made some adjustments which seemed to help but is not a bit lean and needs to be tuned out some more.
What about ethanol content? Did it increase? Say you typically pump 85 but all of a sudden you got 92-93? Happens to me also. My went a full point leaner lol

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about ethanol content? Did it increase? Say you typically pump 85 but all of a sudden you got 92-93? Happens to me also. My went a full point leaner lol
I though that too. but my pump is pretty consistent and my gauge when I was tuned was E78 and when I was having the lean issue my gauge was reading E78-E79

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my tuner was able to tune it out but i still see an increase in IDC but is it not running Lean anymore at WOT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts