Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Filed under: Concept Cars, Coupe, Performance, Geneva Motor Show, Infiniti, Design/Style, Electric, Luxury

Infiniti continues to openly toy with the idea of producing a racy luxury sports coupe, following on the heels of 2009's Geneva Motor Show star, the Essence concept. This year, Infiniti has gone in a more overtly sporting direction with this hot little number, the Emerg-E.

Fortunately, this coupe's styling isn't as contrived as its name suggests thanks to a rakish form that comes across as more of a supercar than the Essence's large-scale grand touring aesthetic. The Emerg-E looks even better in person than in photos, with an organic quality to the flowing lines that's nicely emphasized by the car's smoky matte finish. If we have any complaints, it's that the nose looks a bit long, and incongruously, it seems to offer a riff on the spindle grille that Lexus is rolling out portfolio-wide. No matter, this is clearly one of this year's most impressive debuts.